Help please! Stuck in Taipei, headed to Ho Chi Minh, but then...

I need some advise on getting across the Vietnam boarder and into Cambodia. My fiance and I are stuck in Taipei because we (literally) just found out our dog cannot be on our flight to PP. He was able to be checked in JFK to Taipei but EVA air failed to tell me when we left on Sunday (or any of the 6 times I called customer service) that my dog is unable to fly EVA air our of Taipei. But they did happily take my money and now my dog is not able to leave the baggage area in Taipei and I am not able to see him. Needless to say I'm miserable and I don't even want to think about what he's going through... But we're catching a flight from Taipei to Ho Chi Minh City and staying there... However, we have an apartment and job interviews waiting for us in PP!

So how can I get from HCM to PP, I don't have a Visa, and I will be traveling with a small dog in a crate. I was thinking a bus? Can anyone reccommend a bus company that would allow me to have a dog on board? Do they stop so I can get a visa?

Any advise would be life saving...

Thank you!

Entry visas into Cambodia are issued at immigration. You should ask for a business visa, as you are staying for a while. I think they are $30 each.The dog should be no problem, if you can hold him on your lap, he may b more comfortable than in the storage area. There are many buses going from HCM to PP daily. Get a nice one, as it  is a bit of a ride.

Max,  do you know of any specific bus companies? We have 4 bags as well as the dog.

Giant Ibis is one of the better bus operators. You'll get the ticket at the Royal ticket office. Not sure though whether they transport any dogs.

In any case, don't let your dog out of sight for a single minute when in PP. Dog theft is quite common here.

Thank you all fo the help! I ended up choosing Giant Ibis because they could carry all of our bags and didn't mind the dog. We made it into PP without any issues and we're loving it!

Thanks again!

If you touch down , saigon you take a taxi to Pangulao street . Were all the bus company is going to Phnom penh.
You can choose Sapaco or Kumho they are exactly at pangulao street. Both of you and your dogs can take the bus until the boarder and from there when you cross the boarder to the Cambodian side after your imigration complete from Vietnam side .
From my friends experience bringing their 2 dogs from  saigon to Phnom penh this is what they have done.
Also be prepared to bribe the people from the customs even that your importation papers for the dog is completed still they ask for money. From 10 to 50 US.
From there you can find a private taxi that would take you to Phnom penh. My friend said that time 2 years ago they paid US 100 you and your husband and your dog only in the taxi.
Its going to be a hassle I am sure.
But the other bus does now take live animals inside the bus this is the problem.  but this Giant Ibis might bring the dog since I have some customers that take their dog via this bus from Phnom penh to Siemreip. So they might allow this as well in saigon. Google the Ibis address in Saigon. as for the visa . its so easy all you need to do is pay. very simple and you must have 1 or  2 picture for the visa.
Lastly if you need a boarding place to board your dog when you arrive I am happy to help you.
myfurryplace.com e-mail at [email protected] or my mobile is 012243500
or my : facebook :  facebook.com/Myfurryplace
Hope you manage to arrive in Phnom penh safely.

Thanks,
Elma

You will need to get your visa for Cambodia in HCM (Advisable!) at the Embassy you can tell them about your dog but please be aware that it will need a health certificate including Rabies shots etc. before entering the country. Some bus companies will allow it on board but check them out first before paying for the tickets and make sure that it can pass freely through the border crossing without a problem. You will need the correct paperwork or you will come unstuck.
If the dog is still in Taipei it might be wise to check out other Airlines such as Vietnam, Malaysian, Thai etc. Some have more flexible options for animal transport but they all require the correct paperwork.

Good Luck!

Bryan
Phnom Penh Animal Welfare Society.

Giant Ibis company does trips between PP and Vietnam. try their website giantibis.com. I am sure that they will have fully staffed offices in Vietnam.  Use them for my own travels all the time, they are great.