Looking for guide to take me around Hanoi for free.

Xin Chao! I will be flying back to Hanoi this October planning to go to Sapa during the autumn season. As i will be traveling solo i thought of searching for locals who can guide me around the city's historic places such as Hoan Kiem lake, the citadel, HCM mausoleum, Temple of Literature and tucked-away markets and villages in exchange for a whole day English conversation and teaching as i am a TESOL teacher.

Hope to hear from you all. Cam on!

[moderated:  avoid posting your personal details + post in the Jobs in Hanoi section please]

Hi

I am from Pakistan and I plan to visit Hanoi in October as well. Just wanted to let you know that in case you find someone then do let me know as well because I have the same plans and requirements as you.

And in case you don't find anyone then, if its ok with you, maybe we can do some self exploring together. Another advantage for you will be that you won't have to teach me any English and can just enjoy the view. :)

Regards,

Umar

hi rossdavid,
If you are searching for tourist guide in Hanoi, you can contact Hanoi kid organization. This is one of the biggest organizaion helping foreigners. I give you their official website: http://hanoikids.org/
Contact them to get more detailed information. Moreover, I suggest you some interesting destinations that you are maybe interested in such as Khoang Xanh eco- tourism, Bao Son paradise ( very special and being one of the most impressive destinations for Hanoians).
About Sapa, this is the great time to travel this site. If you are a nature explorer, you will fall in love with imposing scence here :) Besides, you can try the homestay service in Sapa   to experience the local life :)
Anyway, If you still have to arrange visa for evietnamvisa, you can evietnamvisa.org a try. I often advice my friend to choose this operator because their service is really good. If you have any question, you can contact me.
Best journey :)

shoot me an email when you get here. [email protected].

xin chao more passion. thanks for the detailed info. yes, i might be meeting locals in Sapa and stay at their home for a few days. About the city tour i might check out on the kid organization. Are they open for volunteer teachers as well? Thanks for the tips.

Umar yes as an alternative, we can explore the city on our own. Fortunately, there are kind Hanoians who volunteered to show us around. Let's stay in touch and plan out our tour. see you soon.

Cam on!

hi all let's all meet on Oct 28 for the Hanoi city tour. We can meet at KFC near Hoan Kiem Lake. around 9AM. see you all!!!

Umar we have volunteer guides to show us around. see you all

Xin chao Tung and everyone!

Tung let us all meet at KFC near Hoan Kiem lake (please see the link attached) on Oct 28, 9AM. I will wait for you all there. yes we are in need of guide to show us around Hanoi. see you

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45212034

Guess all are busy. Walking around hanoi solo. In case u want to meet for a coffee ill be around the old district. Cam on.  0914720531

I m still looking for someone to take me around.

I'll travel to Sapa alone next month. Anyone wants to go with me? he he

are you kidding? If I have time I would love to go with you

David

:)  David Alan

Hi,
Would love to meet expats in Ha noi or Hai phong. :)

I'm going to Ha Noi this weekend, from Friday evening to early Monday morning, just by myself.
Feel free to contact if anyone's up for a coffee or needs a company to explore around the city  ;);)