Finally Settling Down in Italy

After more trips than I can remember, I've finally "come home" to Italy. I've decided to teach English over here, but am open to really pretty much anything that fits into my work profile.

I've lived, loved and worked in several Italian regions, but I'm torn between Umbria & Puglia to settle down. Right now, I'm cooling my heels in Florence looking for some teaching gigs between bouts of wine. Or "flights" or whatever....

I'm kind of a risk taker, so if I have some free time, I'll go down to the Florence termini, watch for the pickpockets & n'er-do-wells, then beat them to a pulp until they give their marks back their money. No, just kidding. I don't actually beat them  to a "pulp," but tho...

Seriously, anyone who needs to know anything, have a chat, or just want another friend in the area, reach on out...

Hi John,

I just saw your post. I'm in the States at the moment but will be returning to Bologna in approx. 10 days. If you have time and want to get together just for a chat maybe check out Bologna if you haven't been there yet, let me know.

Maria

Hi Maria,

Likewise...I'm in the states presently, but won't be back until mid-October (I'm cleaning up a mess of one of my non-Italian client companies lol). But I'm really interested in Bologna. Let me know how I can contact you.

John

Hi John and Maria,
I am also currently in the US (currently in Wilmington NC down from Chicago) and likely to move late November  for four / five months to Italy to regain my citizenship so I can be there full time in few years.
I am considering Verona due to its accessibility to the rest of Italy, possibilities of activities and the proximity to ski areas. It seems that you both have experience with Italy as an expat .So would you know if Verona a good choice  or should I consider Bologna although it may not be close to the Alps?
Grazie, 
Nick