5yr partner visa for husband

I know that I can get a 5yr visa to Vietnam as I have a VN wife. She is waiting for her PR in Australia at the moment, but an emergency visit to VN is not a problem for her,but applying & VOA
adds extra stress for me. I have explored every option on-line with no usefull info. VN embassy in OZ don't respond either. Do not want to send original copies overseas either. Should have done it when I was there last! pay enough, anything is possible. Need to know a reputable company that can do it in Australia. 5yr visa at HCMC airport = walk through- taxi please- out of there (easy)
All I want is a page on my passport allowing me to visit Vietnam for  5yrs as her husband!
Any  help is appreciated

chris#one wrote:

I know that I can get a 5yr visa to Vietnam as I have a VN wife. She is waiting for her PR in Australia at the moment, but an emergency visit to VN is not a problem for her,but applying & VOA
adds extra stress for me. I have explored every option on-line with no usefull info. VN embassy in OZ don't respond either. Do not want to send original copies overseas either. Should have done it when I was there last! pay enough, anything is possible. Need to know a reputable company that can do it in Australia. 5yr visa at HCMC airport = walk through- taxi please- out of there (easy)
All I want is a page on my passport allowing me to visit Vietnam for  5yrs as her husband!
Any  help is appreciated

Hi chris#one

I take it you have posted this thread on the Asia section too. If not please do so and also check through the posts there which may give you some info too.

Hi stumpy, no I haven't posted on Asia forum as I get the same info as if I was overseas in Asia. Pages of use-less "tips & help" I should have paid and gotten full page approval last time I was there! Visited VN Embassy web-site in OZ with no help for my situation (more concerned about Viet Kieu ? returning home! Amount of paperwok involved I think they are pushing sh#t uphill)
All I want to do is send my passport to Embassy in Cantberra {NO A TYPO they can't} but what supporting paper-work I.E.original or photocopy JP approved and stamped verified copies of originals? what do I need to supply? I can't find any help/checklist This is only for me an AUS citizen. OZ citizen VN wife! Lining up for VOA sucks at HCMC Airport!

I have looked around  and to be honest there is no such animal as an agent here who can get things done for you.You may have to bite the bullet and line up at HCMC for a visa. Then get an agent there to do the 5 yr visa paperwork and application for you. Sorry mate.

Thanks anyway Stumpy for trying. I feel slightly better  knowing you tried also and failed. There must be a way of doing it in OZ. Dealing with VN's in Vietnam is painfull enough, but it seems I must phone the Embassy in Cantberra and hope to get some usefull info from them. I don't need a visa at the moment, just trying to do now while idle/not urgent. Last VOA took over 1hr while her family was waiting outside (she would not leave me until I got through)

In Laos VOA takes 15 minutes at the most....

I have visited VN many times with VOA, at first it was 10-20 mins but lately it drags out too long. I am arriving at a different time via Singapore which co-incides with other planes landing. Always happens some backpackers without letter of approval or photo's for paperwork (not to mention the $50 USD to streamline proceedings) also the VN tour guide meeting a bus-load of guests with 10-15 passports and VOA applications who in VN style pushes his way to the front and thrusts his pile through the window demanding quick service while every-one else politely lined up waiting their turn. His handful gets placed on top of the pile which pushes me and others back down the queue.
Had a 3 mnth multiple entry visa once,until the missus put my passport through the wash and the outcome was not good.Walked through to customs and immigration the first time, laughing at those waiting for entry.Came back and bit my arse later on though!