Temporary CPR

dear expats,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.

My friend has received a letter from the northern area municipality of Bahrain. he has been told he can get a CPR number with the letter. Question is what benefits does the temporary CPR offers. He is traveling on a US passport.

br,

I don't believe it gives him any benefits. He will have to wait until he has his full CPR. It may help if he provides it at customs along with his employment offer etc

Your post isn't very clear so it's hard to give clear advise

What is the letter about?

The letter is an attestation from the municipality from Bahrain of the rental agreement. I have been told by one of the visa agents/document clearing people that a temporary CPR number can be obtained with this. It will help with getting a driving license in Bahrain even if one is on a multiple visitors visa. I will have more information soon and update the post for future reference.

I've never heard of anyone getting a temporary CPR here. You need a full CPR card to acquire the driving licence. It sounds like he has been given incorrect information.

When I arrived, I also received a temporary CPR number until the full CPR card was issued. They both shared the same CPR number, however without the actual CPR Card, it is almost impossible to do things that requires you to have a CPR.

brightonguy wrote:

When I arrived, I also received a temporary CPR number until the full CPR card was issued. They both shared the same CPR number, however without the actual CPR Card, it is almost impossible to do things that requires you to have a CPR.

Yep that's what I thought

Okay. I have finally found time to update this thread with proven information.

For US,UK, canadian and some other citizens if working in SAUDI may wish to stay in Bahrain and bring their families over.
First step, you get a 5 years multiple visa from NPRA. ( http://www.npra.gov.bh )

Step 2, rent an apartment and ask the owner to get you a letter from the municipality.

Step 3, you can get detailed information and make an appointment on th egiven number 80008001

Step 4, take all required original documents. Hardly takes half an hour for the process their.

You get no card but a number with the temporary CPR valid for on year.

My colleagues were able to open bank accounts with this temporary CPR.

Apparently you can also get a local driving license or buy a car.

Hope this helps.

I guess you're talking about Paper CPR

That's what expats living in Saudi get , those who wanna reside in Bahrain and commute !

:idontagree:

Yeah, paper/temporary CPR. I have a Saudi residency and live in Bahrain now. But i am not using any paper/temporary CPR.

live.ali wrote:

Yeah, paper/temporary CPR. I have a Saudi residency and live in Bahrain now. But i am not using any paper/temporary CPR.

So you have a Card CPR ?

I have a saudi residency which is suffices.

live.ali wrote:

I have a saudi residency which is suffices.

Having a Saudi Residency , can someone get a CPR ?

I know with a Saudi Residence we can get 2 weeks visa , even 5 years !
But I wanna know if someone can get a CPR :/

Hi captain,

You can apply for a temporary CPR which only lasts 6 months (up to validity of the multiple re-entry). Or if you want a permanent CPR you can buy it.

Regards

live.ali wrote:

Hi captain,

You can apply for a temporary CPR which only lasts 6 months (up to validity of the multiple re-entry). Or if you want a permanent CPR you can buy it.

Regards

Live.Ali , could you please elaborate more on a Permanent CPR ? And how could one end buying it ?

I'll PM you :)

gunner757 wrote:
live.ali wrote:

Hi captain,

Regards

Live.Ali , could you please elaborate more on a Permanent CPR ? And how could one end buying it ?

I think your query's been addressed in private. You can also invest in Bahrain (upto 50K BD min.) and get a permanent CPR. The property in Bahrain has only begun to improved after a downfall since 2010.

live.ali wrote:
gunner757 wrote:
live.ali wrote:

Hi captain,

Regards

I think your query's been addressed in private. You can also invest in Bahrain (upto 50K BD min.) and get a permanent CPR. The property in Bahrain has only begun to improved after a downfall since 2010.

I know the way to get a Permit i.e Self Sponsorship way !

But it is high and am not looking to invest currently in Bahrain as I would be in Saudi all the time !

Thanks for your suggestion which you gave :)

Dear expact ,
when u arrived as u mentioned above  n got temporary cpr may I know from where u got that coz I want  for my fiancee to do medical test  with me

saira amreen wrote:

Dear expact ,
when u arrived as u mentioned above  n got temporary cpr may I know from where u got that coz I want  for my fiancee to do medical test  with me

You can get a temporary CPR if you have a residence in Saudi/GCC countries or a 5 year visa for Bahrain AND a rental agreement in Bahrain.

this was so helpful!! thank you for posting this live.ali!!

what if youre not workign in Saudi and just  a US citizen in the US trying to come to Bahrain?

That would be possible only if your employed here or as ali mentioned you need to invest in Bahrain.

Hi  ,

I have been working in Saudi for 9 years and ui recently got married , i tried to get a saudi visa for my wife but it was rejected and asked me to do a whole lot of paper work instead .
I am planning to live in Bahrain and get a temporary CPR , would that help me in getting a temporary CPR for my wife as well ?

i believe you will need to have a Saudi visa (dependent) for your wife as well to get a temp CPR.

If i am wrong someone will surely correct it.

logicalindian wrote:

i believe you will need to have a Saudi visa (dependent) for your wife as well to get a temp CPR.

If i am wrong someone will surely correct it.

Exactly , as logicalindian said , your wife needs to have a Saudi Visa too , as she will be provided a Bahraini CPR based on her Saudi Residency ..!

Thanks ,
as i will have a temporary CPR , do i have the ability of getting my wife a Bahraini visit Visa ?

I have the same issues....I work at Saudi but live in bahrain n need paper cpr for me and my wife. Please suggest

Runescape1980 wrote:

I have the same issues....I work at Saudi but live in bahrain n need paper cpr for me and my wife. Please suggest

please refer to the above posts by live.ali

I would like to acquire CPR for Bahrain.  I have 5 year multiple entry visa in KSA. Kindly email me
***.  I am in Dammam.
I have WhatsApp at *** :)

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Ali
I have a cpr paper which bank don't open account they need ID card. I want to get driver licence and buy a car.What should I do?

Hello, do you think i can get a housing loan with a paper/temporary CPR? IF Anyone knows i would appreciate it.
Thanks,

Doubt it, but you can call the banks and verify.

T&R

Dear Friend

Would you please describe the procedure to obtain the temporary CPR of Bahrain while you are working in Saudi.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Browse the forums.  This has been answered many many times; at least a dozen times by myself.   Do your research vs. asking the same question again.