Need help from anyone that has experience with Saudi Universities.

Hi Everyone. I hope someone here has experience with my questions.

I celebrated my 1 year wait-anniversary for the UAE (Abu Dhabi) security check on August 5, 2014.

The position was in the University College of Zayed University. End of story for me related to this position.

That said, I am a US citizen with completely attested documents (degrees, child birth certificates, marriage certificate). This attestation, of course, includes a "stamp of approval" from the UAE Embassy here in the States.

Recently, I've been told - through email by my interviewer - that I've been accepted for a position with the University of Dammam in Saudi Arabia. The interviewer asked for my "documents" which alluded to educational and experience certificates. I immediately asked for details on the process with no reply. This communication occurred through University of Dammam email.

Being afraid that I'd be left behind: I sent him scanned copies of all my degrees, letters from my current employers, recommendation letters, the first two pages of my passport, and an updated CV.

After 2 weeks - and no response - I resent all of the above documents to my interviewer. This time I sent it to his personal email address (I had it from the interview). My interviewer responded to this email and said that he'd forward the documents to the Human Resources Department the week of August 3rd because the university was closed for Ramadan & Eid.

It has now been one full week since the university has been open with no communication.

My questions are the following:

1. Will the Saudi Embassy in the USA attest documents that have been previously attested by the UAE Embassy in the USA?

2. Does anyone have experience with the hiring process of Saudi universities?

Please note: I'm not complaining. It's just difficult to make plans when you don't know what's going on. Any communication would be appreciated.

if by accepted you mean you have an offer and no contract, (it seems that way since ure still dealing with HR.) I would focus on getting a contract first and work your way towards inquiring about your visa.

generally the process is;

interview
HR (offer/ invitation)
visa agent (processing of visa including attestation)
flight
work

rareshine wrote:

if by accepted you mean you have an offer and no contract, (it seems that way since ure still dealing with HR.) I would focus on getting a contract first and work your way towards inquiring about your visa.

generally the process is;

interview
HR (offer/ invitation)
visa agent (processing of visa including attestation)
flight
work

About how long does HR take to issue a contract?

it all depends on the competency of the company. i have had contracts drafted within a few days and others within few months.

rareshine wrote:

it all depends on the competency of the company. i have had contracts drafted within a few days and others within few months.

I read on a "British Expat" forum (8th post in this links thread)  that most Saudi Universities have HR departments that are mostly staffed with people who can't communicate in English and are used to doing things slow. So I'm probably looking at the few months instead of few days, ...no?

That is partially true, but there are American/ British companies there that have HR staffed with their own people and generally work quicker

will you be a direct hire with Uni of dammam? I have no direct knowledge about them

Star_Psy wrote:
rareshine wrote:

I read on a "British Expat" forum (8th post in this links thread)  that most Saudi Universities have HR departments that are mostly staffed with people who can't communicate in English and are used to doing things slow. So I'm probably looking at the few months instead of few days, ...no?

In general the GR (government relations) department is the one dealing with visas and other governmental stuff and GR is staffed with saudi people only. So yes, things are pretty slow.

hi there i had been in Saudi Arabia for almost 12 years so i can tell u one thing that u can attested ur daceouments from Saudi embassy any where in the world .second if u got a job in dammam university ur visa will be issued thorough ministry of education here is the web address and telephone no of dammam university  www.ud.edu.sa/DU/en
+966 3 857 1304

rareshine wrote:

That is partially true, but there are American/ British companies there that have HR staffed with their own people and generally work quicker

will you be a direct hire with Uni of dammam? I have no direct knowledge about them

Yes, I'll be a direct hire. At least that's what it seems like.

you should find out for sure,  get on that person that interviewed you and get more concrete answers for yourself.

1st of there is no online interview for a university job secondly there are many screamers around there so plz be careful

what do you mean no interviews online?  I've had couple of interviews for uni's done via skype.

rareshine wrote:

what do you mean no interviews online?  I've had couple of interviews for uni's done via skype.

Saudi Arabian universities

Lol no French ... Obviously KSA