Hi all

can anyone guide me about barka ?
is it a good place to work ? or live?

ohh really?
great.........
because I thought its very far to muscat
thanks  :D

Hi ..

yah its just 15-20 mins from Muscat and really a beautiful place to work and live around. Lots of good hotels, Lulu hypermarket and climate is good.

To be honest its very boring place only option to live n commute from Muscat

Barka is good for work than to live..I think. But considering the isolated atmoshere few may like it too, T Moreovhe new chinese bazar is opened in Barka. Moreover it is cheap in cost to live in Barka

sevda11 wrote:

ohh really?
great.........
because I thought its very far to muscat
thanks  :D

Its 80 kms from qurum and approx 45 mins drive....from the airport its approx 50 kms and 30 mins drive hence it depends which part of muscat you want to go.

I lived and worked in Barka in 2012 and perfectly fine as I don't go for night life and I don't like going to malls so it depends again on your interests.

I have colleagues before who lived in muscat travellinf from muscat to barka. If you like you can stay in al hail or mawaleh ao you are in between muscat and barka.

Good. .very near to capital

hi. I am from Barka. it is a good place. but i dont know how good you want to be. anyway, it is not faraway from Muscat.

well, i like night life and shopping...after few month they gonna send me visa in a week.!!but now im not sure about place... :(

and also I have job offer from Sri Lanka(Colombo) and Bahrain too.. :/

sevda11 wrote:

well, i like night life and shopping...after few month they gonna send me visa in a week.!!but now im not sure about place... :(

and also I have job offer from Sri Lanka(Colombo) and Bahrain too.. :/

If you can te us the name of the company maybe we can give you some info if they are good or......

Hi Hexebella

I already sent you a Privet message..I think you didnt get...
Ok,It's Alnahda Resort and Spa in Barka as a Fitness Instructor... :)

Hi Sevda11,
If you are the kind if person who is looking for night life and shopping then Barka is not the right place. However, Barka is not very bad and not faraway from muscat (60 KM).
By the way I live 1 KM away from Al Nahda resort and I am a member in Al Nahda gym.

ohhh nice...

How's Alnahda? :)

@ Hexe: Does Al - Nahda resort ring bells?? ;)

@ Sevda: Barka is a 1 hr drive from Muscat and it doesnt have much of a night life, also consider the fact that public transport in Oman is appalling. So unless you've got a car, considering commuting a bane. Much wiser to stay around in Al-Khuwair, Ghoubra etc.

AL Nahda, generally,  is a very nice resort. And it is 40 to 45 minitues drive to Muscat.

well... my accomodation is inside Alnahda ...
so if I wanna stay other place I have to pay...and it cost much!
and yes Ahmed ,your right,Its 45 minute to muscat ,I searched in google  :)
so how far to Dubai? :D

thanks

from Barka to Dubai you will need 3.5 to 4 hours driving.

I am looking forward to working for Alcon LLC in Barka.