Doing it all over again, where would you stay in Dalian?

Hi to all living in Dalian!

Which District are you staying now?
If you can do this all over again, which district would you choose to stay in Dalian & why?

Zhongshan or Xigang

Sha-he-kou is good too.

There are some good places to live : Xinghai,High-Tech zone.

^_^

we live in Zhongshan and I like it here. I haven't really ventured anywhere else yet, though!

well, it depends where is your office located?
I stay in dda (where intel fab68 located) next to the seattle condo.

if central, if you are looking fr expatriates, they are likely to reside around sha he kou area, xin hai, heping guang chang.

if your office is around ren min lu or tian jin jie, zhong shan lu, then the vicinity could be renmin lu (there are many service aprtment, hotels).

If your office at softare park (dalian uninversity of technology area), then shuma guanchang or hei shi jiao or he ping is nearer,

if your office is further down to Lu shun (qi xian lin), then heishijiao o xiao ping dao is ideal.

xian lu is another very good area for shopping as well.

in short, dalian is accessible by public transport. it is damn  convenient.

Hey,

Nobody talks about the DDA. It is a wonderful place to live and raise children and we have loads of expats here who work in all the multinationals.

(moderated: no ads please)

Cheers,
Sumi Seissinger

Nice knowing everyone here in Dalian!! :)

Yes, we have many parties and it will be nice to meet members of the Expat.com who live in Dalian. (moderated: no free ads please)

Thanks,
Sumi Seissinger
sum

Hi lavender0525 and all expat in china.

I am from singapore and will be posted to dalian in a few months time.

Can any one help to provide information on rental rate in dalian? I will be posted to work some where in Lixian Street, Qixianling Industrial Base, Hi-Tech Zone.

Are the apartments around this area very expensive to rent?

How is the rental package in dalian consist of?

Glad to find this forum, all members are very kind and helpful.

hi tyeefune!!

my office is at QixianLing too.

anyway, to get QixianLing "七贤岭" 
Public transport are :
Tramp : 202
Bus no. : 531, 28, 20, 3

Some Options:

1.  Hei Shi Jiao (黑石礁)

This area is "黑石礁汽车站",a private bus interchange, a convenient place for people to travel to and fro city to LuShun (旅顺)and DDA(开发区).

You can scout around for apartment since rental is much cheaper. You can try for  "富丽庭" "FuLiTing" apartment or Bi Hai Lan Tian (碧海蓝天). Rental range from RMB2000 for (1room an 1 hall) or can be lower if you know how to bargain.

There are supermarket (新玛特商城), mcdonald, pizzahut, ktv, restaurant etc and others shops around. 

There are bus from here to QiXianLing. approx 20min

2. He Ping Xian Dai Cheng (和平广场, 和平现代城, 新希望花园,星海人家etc)
现代城)

These are nice places located very near (星海广场,会展中心).  Everyone love it here. There are alot of expatriates stay around this area. There are supermarkets (Tesco), mcdonald, pizzahut, cineplex, preschools and many shops around here. This is also a public bus interchange.

from 和平现代城, you can take tramp no. 202 to QiXiangLing. approx. 30min

i usually dont appear here. you can email me (moderated: no free ads please)

regards,

your English  seems like a Chinese writing it

Hello lavender0525,

Could you please write all your message in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks