Unmarried, living together, would you do it in Dubai?

Currently exploring options as partner likely to go to Saudi to work. We've worked out practicalities. I've read lots about unmarried couples and how it's very unlikely you'd get any problems. Also read what can happen if there are problems. This is all very helpful and I like dealing in facts. But what I can't really get a handle on is how people on the ground actually feel about how safe it is.

So, if you're living in Dubai, leaving moral issues aside, would you live as an unmarried couple in Dubai?

Would you personally feel safe doing it?

If you've experience of Bahrain or Oman, would you feel happier living together in either of those compared to Dubai?

Many thanks.

Hi !  1st great topic..

It's fine( the law dont support it) but you're safe, in dubai only based on officials saying "that law isnt applied in dubai".
Hopefully I helped
also check this out for more info

dubaifaqs.com/living-together-in-dubai.php

Saudi does not allow unmarried partners living together. There are unmarried partners living in Dubai and Bahrain but there is always a risk of getting caught by law enforcement agencies as unmarried partners are not allowed in these countries either. The law is not enforced generally but there is always a risk if your neighbor complains for example....

ali00713 wrote:

Currently exploring options as partner likely to go to Saudi to work. We've worked out practicalities. I've read lots about unmarried couples and how it's very unlikely you'd get any problems. Also read what can happen if there are problems. This is all very helpful and I like dealing in facts. But what I can't really get a handle on is how people on the ground actually feel about how safe it is.

So, if you're living in Dubai, leaving moral issues aside, would you live as an unmarried couple in Dubai?

Would you personally feel safe doing it?

If you've experience of Bahrain or Oman, would you feel happier living together in either of those compared to Dubai?

Many thanks.