Is it just Gossip?

Last week while in Belmopan seeing our property we were, on a couple of occaisions, told about the new developments and road improvements on the George Price boulevard Starting at the end of the year. All because the American government is putting in a base for US marines. 60 acres of land has been purchased for this between the air strip and the said road. does anyone know if this is going to happen or just gossip and wishful thinking on the part of anyone who has driven the George Price Boulevard.

In Belize, it does not matter what anyone says......   the only way to know if something is going to occur, is to see if it does occur.   Proposed improvements are rarely completed, rarely completed within the time frame promised, and rarely as good as promised

I have heard no rumors of this exactly the way you tell it.

I know for a fact the USA, Canadian as well as the UK, and the EU are doing much in and around the country.  Yes they are helping us finance many things here in Belize.

Nothing here happens real fast.  However, good thing comes to those who wait.

The George Price Boulevard needs some serious help but I can remember when there was no George Price Boulevard.  Things are improving here.  Not in big city time but in Belize time.

I know from a local that there is a 'new' western Hwy, or an addition to it, in the process of being built, and you can see some of the sections of it in the area around and east of San Ignacio. I looked at a piece of property that abutted this road easement in the area around Spanish Lookout,  but I can't tell you exactly where it was. It was not a Mennonite road. There are sections that are graded that I have seen, but nothing actually completed. Some of the real estate professionals are aware of the 'new road'.

Karenjoe,  We all appreciate your feed back and thank you.

There is , however a big difference in the George Price Boulevard and the area you are talking about and about 20 miles in between.

I do appreciate and respect your input here.

Have a good weekend.

I think that there is some confusion on my part.  I apologize.  What I know as the western hwy is now the George Price hwy and there is also the George Price Blvd in Belmopan.

We have heard from several people that the US military is building a base here.  Whether or not that is a good thing for Belize is debatable.