Moving to Malaysia

Hello,

I would need your advise on this please;

I received a job offer in KL, I am bachelor graduate in Finance, with 5 years experiences, and I had an offer of a senior position for French speaking countries. So far is good, the salary though is 6,500.00 RM with Accomodation and Fees for the 1st month of settlment and moving expenses...

My concern is that I am getting married soon, and my fiance is motivated for that, as a matter of change and adventure, but I need some information on the dependent Visa.. Would he be able to get a job with that Visa, considering that he s just graduating with Bachelor of Art in Internal architecture, and would it be similar then in here...

And also, my purpose from that travel, is to visit arround Malaysia and the area, so would I be able to fulfill that with that salary, in 2 years perhaps...

Thanks for your quick answer, as I should be signing my contract within the next few days :)

A dependent pass can be endorsed (stamped) with the right to work. A separate Employment Pass is not required. However, there is nothing to stop your future husband from just choosing to be on an Employment Pass in his own right.  There is a minimum salary requirement of RM5,000 per month to qualify for the endorsement or the Employment Pass. Unfortunately, without work experience it will be extremely hard to find work and especially at the minimum salary mentioned. Most of the building companies are Chinese Malaysian owned and there are plenty of local staff available. The working environment is also rather tough and pressured.  The best idea is to find some international architectural firms in KL and environs and check their websites for any jobs or internships on offer.  Living on RM6500 is possible.  Bills would be about RM300 per month. Food would be about RM1k per month. Eating out RM200, Transportation variable but lets say RM6 per day. The income tax will be 26% unfortunately for the rest of 2014 and no refund possible. Then in 2015 it will be 25% until you have completed 182 days and are designated as tax resident. Thereafter the tax would be about RM15% and as long as you stay until June 2016 you can get a refund for over tax payments made in 2015.

I think you could travel for about RM300 per person per weekend trip if booking carefully when offers are available. RM600 for a week, but we are talking back packing type accommodation. But visas into some of the nearby countries are as high as USD 50 per person, which is quite high.  If you man is thinking of studying further, Malaysia offers some good priced courses at Masters level etc. This requires a student pass and this has to be applied for outside Malaysia and only travelling once approved. A tough call this one, but probably worth taking the chance and hoping your partner can progress in his career in some way.

Thank you Gravitas for all your advises, those are really relpful

essaye ca www.ibilik.my

Hello eloumari.othmane,

Welcome!

We appreciate your effort for offering your help but however would like to draw your attention that you have reply an old thread.

Thank you  :)

Marjorie

I just saw that. well!