Job Offer , Is this a Scam ?

Gents,

If I was you I would not even bother looking at working abroad in at a sales job. If a fights booked and you have the ticket why not just do it and stop running scared all your lives eh

I have also been offered the same sales job in jakarta.
Could you tell me what the Catch is here?
It seems too good to be true.

See post #7

Paulsmith11 wrote:

I have also been offered the same sales job in jakarta.
Could you tell me what the Catch is here?
It seems too good to be true.

Hey Paulsmith11,

I'm just wondering if you accepted the position or declined it?

I have been offered the same position.

Thanks

I declined the position .

They refused to provide details of where I will be working amongst other things.

I would advise you to enquire about the address of your office and even the other offices they apparently have Including there head office in Hong Kong. Even a phone number for the office would be a start.
Also check with the hotel that you have your booking confirmed for the full month they promised.

If you get sketchy immediately they will just tell you they have cancelled your job offer.
Best thing to do is wait for confirmation of the plane tickets and hotel (at least then they have made an investment and you have a slight control over the conversation.)
After speaking with others in the group, it is a aparently a boiler room operation and they will never let you use it on your CV due to the illegal nature of the pump and dump sales process. They will also gain some sort of blackmail procerdure on you so you dont tell anyone about it when you leave.

I asked them to be upfront about it so I could consider if it was financially viable. (all be it ethically a grey area) but the chap on the phone seemed to become very quiet and try to loop the conversation to try and persuade me. (badly)
Then I never heard from them again.

Once you arrive in indonesia they will lay on the nature of the business knowing you won't want to travel home again if you disapprove. I'm guessing the return ticket will never be fully paid for either.

There are plenty of opportunities for talented sales professionals over seas. Play it safe mate.

Thanks a lot Paulsmith11, This helps. :)

Regards

Hello i live in the uk I've been offered a similar position after applying for a job on indeed. They say full relocation package is included e.g. Open return flights, apartment free for 8 weeks, visas ect the job is selling stocks and then passing onto a official broker! They say it's aloud as it's a unregulated market over there! I can't see the scam as they are offering too pay for everything for me to go over ect and haven't requested a single penny off me saying they will give me $200 upon arrival ect! I have been conversing with a gentlemen going by the name of James *** and jack *** the websites I have been given are as followed - https://www.recruitmentassociates.com
Salesassociates.com

One scam you have to be vigilant about is the accommodation, typically they “insist” on a “credit card” and a small deposit by debit card a form of ID other than your passport then your broke your return open ticket may get cancelled as you have no control on the ticket as you didn't book or pay for it
Unregulated is a false statement key word “official broker” if unregulated why use “official broker”?
What they should say is “we will sell the punter a false/ negative commodity (like gold, you pay an organisation for gold you will never see, touch or feel, but we will give you some paper to say you own it)
Many countries use foreigners for the sole purpose it doesn't look bad for example to Indonesia etc
Hong Kong is a s@@t hole for fraud but not as bad as London most fraudulent activity in this region can be traced back to Hong Kong
On the other hand, I could well be way off and it is possible it's genuine (but I can't see it)
Good luck

Given the details in the site link to a brokers and an office supplies company that seems to employ very few people, I wouldn't get the train to Jakarta for that one, more so if they refuse to give a local address where you'll be working.

It's not a scam to you.  it is a scam to the people you'll be ringing all day long, standing, no windows, like a pig in a farm.

Believe me, you'll be destroying lives over the phone.
If you have principles don't accept.

Cheers fellas

When an ad for a job offer reads more like a promotional advert you should probably steer clear. Real companies offering such high wage positions shouldn't feel the need to upsell their offer to seem valuable to the reader.

hi mate, i have been speaking to james and roth for about 2 weeks now, calling me from lithuania..
im in two minds about this, because he hasnt giving me the address of the offices.. delaying it everytime i ask.. add me on facebook pleasse so can speak to you about this...

Jaime Fairminer..

Hope to hear from you soon mate

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : defamatory comments are not allowed

they have payed for travel 200 dollars on arrival, place to stay for free for 8 weeks, visa, im just little baffled to why they havent mentioned anything about a work permit lol..

JME1991 wrote:

they have payed for travel 200 dollars on arrival, place to stay for free for 8 weeks, visa, im just little baffled to why they havent mentioned anything about a work permit lol..

Don't work without a work permit as it could leave you with serious legal problems.
That starts with deportation if you're lucky, but moves up to big fines and prison time before deportation.
The situation could be dangerous.

Turn up at the office but, if there is no work permit, do a runner and get on a plane home.
GPS the office on your phone.

B1GFUDG3666 wrote:

I have been conversing with a gentlemen going by the name of James Andrews and jack Roth the websites I have been given are as followed - https://www.recruitmentassociates.com
Salesassociates.com

https://www.whois.com/whois/recruitmentassociates.com

Registrant Organization: Whoisprotection.cc

Not good

Add their reported unwillingness to give their address to anyone, and it becomes difficult to recommend working there.

They will never tell you the office's address as they are... (wait I cannot tell what they are because this comment will be deleted).
Just figure out by yourself what they are and why they will never tell you the offices address.

Gundo wrote:

They will never tell you the office's address as they are... (wait I cannot tell what they are because this comment will be deleted).
Just figure out by yourself what they are and why they will never tell you the offices address.

It would have to be deleted to save possible issues with Indonesia's "interesting" defamation laws.
As you're perhaps aware, these laws are criminal, not civil, and carry harsh punishments.
However, you're correct in saying their unwillingness to give an address is less than encouraging.
The other thing is the visa and work permit question, something I would be tempted to look very closely at before taking up any work.

Is anyone still active on this post?

You are

So how was it?

I have recently been offered this job, and from what I can see, IT IS A BOILER ROOM SCAM. Isn't it also really suspicious that this company who claims to have offices all over the world, only ever seems to be recruiting for their office in Jakarta? If you are not sure what a Boiler Room is, it is essentially a cold calling center selling stocks and shares that don't exist. You WILL be ripping people off of their life savings.

I have been through 4 or 5 phone calls / interviews from numbers that have seemingly called from Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia, however, upon investigating, these source of all these calls has been Jakarta. Here's the KEY thing you should know, these things get busted all the time, and if you are working in one when it gets raided, you will getting a very long prison sentence... IN INDONESIA!!!

Here is a link to multiple videos explaining exactly what it is... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ … oom+frauds

you will getting a very long prison sentence... IN INDONESIA!!!

In case potential applicants are unsure what Indonesian prison conditions are like, I would strongly recommend not doing anything to find out. I've only seen the inside of one, and that visit was something I would have seriously disliked if my stay was enforced rather than just a visit.

I've recently recieved a similar opportunity but in the engineering trade...I checked the site and it was a well set up page...it was also to good to be true...so I got the companies details and contacted them directly and it was a scam...the job was also in Jakarta...just be careful and do sum investigating before commiting to the job

Hi all,
Ive just been nearly duped by this, my wife found this thread online and it made me delve deeper so thank you everybody who inputted to this over the years.

Ive had 5 telephone conversations with a jamie from int recruitment since i found the job on indeed.

It was the exact same as deacribed here i have my return tickets here due to fly tomorrow but every time i mention visas throughout the last month ive been talking to him i get a response along lines were sorting them out they should be ready to sign on arrival :/ there was another gentleman due to be travelling tomorrow with me and ive shared this thread with him lets hope he dosent go himself :/

My wife is constantly harassed by phone of people trying to sell credit cards each time with a new phone number. So, blocking is no use.

So, this seems like a telesale advertisement...

Hello.

I would like to ask you a few questions.

I've been in the telesales world for a few years, I applied for a position like this. And have the interview process coming up.

I'm not one to get my hopes up or dive in without considering all the facts and consulting a few people.

So what's the deal with this, so many opinions yet nothing from people who have worked there to prove word of mouth that it is in fact a scam.
Not one person who's been fined or gone to jail is on this saying do not go or you'll end up like me I'm prison or out of pocket.

I understand the scam to potential customers and there's proffered from them yet nothing from the sales team.

Are you currently working for them?

Any advice is appreciated from those with first hand contact of getting scammed or working there would be amazing

Thank you

The main points you have to consider:

Why is the topic of visas avoided? This is extremely important and could land you in serious trouble if you don't have the correct documentation, a work permit and visa.

Address.
A legitimate company should have nothing to hide, so why do some take such care to avoid their location becoming known?

jak_newb wrote:

The client is  http://www.targetasiamarketing.com/

Interesting
That post was 2014, but the site was re-registered in 2018 - and is a mess at best

Hi, was it a Jamie Wick? His boss is a James Voss? From precision outsourcing? I got the offer two weeks ago as well, not paying a cent either.

ROSSO93 wrote:

Hi, was it a Jamie Wick? His boss is a James Voss? From precision outsourcing? I got the offer two weeks ago as well, not paying a cent either.

Have they requested some sort of funds from you? If so 1000% scam

No, required no funds, just that it is commission earnings only, they sell finincial products, they give you $200 every week, pay your accommodation for 8 weeks

I accepted this role two months back, spoke to a recruiter Jamie and then Brian. Quite a lengthy interview process. Gave me all the visa details and proof I asked for, which I wouldn't have if it weren't for finding this topic. Everything was as described apart from the sharing accomodation (I was sharing a 2 bedroom apartment unit) which I was told was just temporary as they were in the process of moving company apartments. I took up the return ticket offer in my 7th week as I just couldn't adjust and deal with the heat. I had a lung operation last year and couldn't get used to the country as much as I tried. I was never asked for any money or advance fees.

Andythenomad wrote:

I accepted this role two months back, spoke to a recruiter Jamie and then Brian. Quite a lengthy interview process. Gave me all the visa details and proof I asked for, which I wouldn't have if it weren't for finding this topic. Everything was as described apart from the sharing accomodation (I was sharing a 2 bedroom apartment unit) which I was told was just temporary as they were in the process of moving company apartments. I took up the return ticket offer in my 7th week as I just couldn't adjust and deal with the heat. I had a lung operation last year and couldn't get used to the country as much as I tried. I was never asked for any money or advance fees.

That's interesting.
Did they supply the work permit and KITAS immigration documents?

I was given a business 212 visa and was training not working. Work permit was mentioned on my first week but they said it was a lengthy process beginning with a interview with immigration

Andythenomad wrote:

I was given a business 212 visa and was training not working. Work permit was mentioned on my first week but they said it was a lengthy process beginning with a interview with immigration

If memory serves, the 212 is valid for training - That makes that much perfectly legal for that much, but not for working.

Hi , is this the precision outsource company? I've been offered the job to start in June and I was wondering what happened when you got there. I'm not even sure if it is a real job. Any info would be appreciated. Thankyou

Balencinones wrote:

Hi , is this the precision outsource company? I've been offered the job to start in June and I was wondering what happened when you got there. I'm not even sure if it is a real job. Any info would be appreciated. Thankyou

Send me all the details by PM, those including URLs, email address, phone numbers, names, and addresses.
I'll take a look for you.

Thanks , what's your email ?