Life Changing Experience

Hi All,

Hope this message finds you well. It is interesting that I actually signed up to be part of the wonderful people in here. Currently living in Malaysia and I have been here for more than 6 years. Previously I was living and working in Melbourne, Australia. I've gotta tell you, life is so diffrent here but I am enjoying though since I get to visit the beautiful islands around, away from the hustle and bustle.

I am currently employed as a Global Trainer for an American Call Center but in the midst of looking for a good paying job somewhere outside of KL. It is indeed tough to land a good job but hey, who knows my luck is in here!

Nice meeting you all!

Regards,
Nat

Nat welcome and good luck in your search.  You will find lots of nice folks here.

Bob K

Hi Nat,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Your topic has been moved on the Malaysia forum.

Thank you for this introduction and i wish you all the best in your project.

Getting a job here can be tough sometimes. Since you've been in Malaysia for more than 6 years, hope you are now well settled. Many things are expensive here and there are many things which are also not. Expenses can be 'managed' to a certain extent. For most, the bulk of their expenses probably go towards paying the rent. Being a landlord myself to a few properties in KL, I see people charging exorbitantly the moment they know you're an expat. Well.

Does not compute!

Sorry but been here 6 years and haven't made contacts to get new job?? You need to network more. Get out and meet people. Only way in Asia. Online is only for low paid grunt labour (local) only.

Try the networking sites I cant mention without being moderated. The ones where people actually meet and have dinners and drinks with activities.

PM me if you don't know what I refer to