Dogs allowed in Qatar?

Hi all,
I need to know if I can bring my dog with me for a new position in Qatar?
Here are of my questions related to Qatar living:
1. What are the rules for large dogs - are there off leashe area?
2. How is to rent a place, appartment/ villas/ townhouse with a large dog?
3. As Qatar is a muslim country, are they allow a large dog in a house?
4. How is life for a mature single woman there? Are there restrictions regarding taking a cab, having a car, driving by my self? I am going to have any kind of troubles riding my car with my dog?
5. Can I hire a dogsitter easily? Do they have this kind of culture?
6. I understood some of Qatar restrictions regarding dressing code for foreign woman. If I will work in an office, can I wear jeans or pants all the time with a decent long sleeves blouse or even- if not too hot - a tailor? ( no tighs, of coarse, in my understanding).
7. Question regarding accessories: what kind are not too extravangate for them? Which once are most recommended?
8. Shaking hands: if I am not shanking hands with them, as I am Canadian, they will ask them selfs why? Or is better to shake hands?
9. Looking straight into their eyes: is this a problem?
10. When talking with an older guy, at work, or on the street, are there some restrictions that I should be aware of?
11. Housing: are tehre rules if I am single lady where shall I lock for housing? Are there areas where I shouldn't go?
12. What happens if a single person met someone there. Canm they live together? Are rules regardless? ( I don't want to met anyone, because I am married already, LOL, but I am wondering about this specific situation).
13. What if your car is broken on the road, you need assistance. What are the rules on this case?
14. I am a Christian and I want to hang on the walls some icons, is this allowed? What about having a bible and fasting in Christian way? Are there some restrictions?
NOTE" Christian ways of fasting and praying are not interffering with muslim religion in any ways!

Hope to get some answers ASAP.

Hi,

in answer to your 'doggy' questions, there are some large breeds that are not allowed but I'm unsure of the list. If you have facebook, definitely search 'dogs in doha' in FB or even in Google, there is a great lady here called Birgit who runs that group (hundreds of members) and she will be able to answer almost all of your questions. This is also were you may find dog sitters as well.

As for your work based questions, I'm not working so not able to answer those questions.

Other sites to try for that may be Expatwoman or Qatar Living (tho' I wouldn't mention being a single woman on Qatar Living, there's an endless stream of pestering private messages if you say you are married, god only knows how many you get if you say you are single!)

Good luck :)