Beach living

I want to live near a beach on a meager income. I don't require air conditioning or any luxuries. I would consider myself a guest in the country and try to make myself tolerable, if not useful to the local people.

Beachnut

I would not recommend you going to the big cities which are more expensive and tourist traps if you arent careful. How about trying Cam Ranh town in Khanh Hoa Province, approx 250 mi/300 km north of Saigon/HCM City? Cam Ranh is along Hwy 1 and easily accessed by road, train, or Cam Ranh airport. Nha Trang city is 40 km north of Cam Ranh if you are looking toward a moderate sized city which is on the coast too. Cam Ranh is a beautiful place with rural areas, mountains, and beaches nearby. Costs are quite good and hotels inexpensive there too. The locals are quite friendly and dont see many foreign tourists so you are a curiosity of sorts. Most tourists always are headed to the big cities and bypass this wonderful Cam Ranh.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

i agree,in cam ranh now, moving to nha trang this weekend, renting house for 50 bucks amonth,cant beat it.once there,if you make it, try crazy kims bar in the mornings,look it up online. you can volenteer to teach an english class if you want to help out..