Moving to Mauritius - Cost Estimation

Hello Everyone,

I am a Corporate Banker evaluating a job offer to work in Mauritius. It will be me and my wife only. Following are some queries

1. I have an offer of MUR110,000 and I have estimated monthly expenses as per following breakup (after doing some research)
A salary of MUR93,500 (After deduction of 15% Tax)
1. 2bed Apartment in Quatre Bornes - Fully Furnished (as my office will be in Ebene) -MUR20,000
2. Utility bills inlcuding internet - MUR5,000
3. Car Installment/Rental - MUR15,000 (A good reasonable car)
4. Car Fuel - MUR5,000
5. Weekend outings (Mostly Food) - MUR5,000
6. Grocery - MUR6,000
7. Shopping (Includes clothing and other) - MUR10,000
8. other (Gym, Tennis, Swimming) - MUR4,000

This totals to MUR70,000, Is this estimation right?

2. My Wife is a Visual Art Designer, Can she find a job in Mauritius?
3. Availability of Halal Food in Ebene or anywhere in Mauritius?
4. School fees for Junior English School? (Just for information)

Any relevant information will be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure of all the other expenses, but with the homework i've done, the food will be at least Rs15,000 per month.  Food seems to be very expensive as most items are imported.

(Moderated: no copy/paste on the forum pls)

Assalaamoualaikoum Adil Brother

Hallal Food is NOT an issue in Mauritius. So no need to worry about this...be it in Qbornes or Ebene...or naywhere else for a matter of fact.

Yes your wife can find a job, but you have to see if she is also having an occupational permit...otherwise if she is accompanying you...she'll not be able to work legally speaking.

I have gone through your estimates...and I'll say they are okay.... it will not be more than you quoted. But in Mauritius everything is negociated...and if you are accompanied with a mauritian resident it is better(I have a french business partner..so I know what I am saying)

Here you are...Hope I have been of some help brother. Message me if you want my contact  mobile or skype.

Kind regards

Assalaamoualaikoum Brother, Thank you for your detailed reply. Kindly email me your contact details on '[email protected]' . Looking forward to be intouch with you. Thanks