Visiting Iran with an Iranian Boyfriend

Greetings,

Sorry for the cheeky newbie registration merely to ask questions, but well I can't find anything elsewhere.

So I'm Irish and my boyfriend is Iranian, well Iranian, but hasn't been there in 30 years.
His brother has met and married a lady who grew up in Tehran, and now they are going back to Tehran to have a marriage celebration with her family.

So yes, we're all going on a September holiday! My parents (also Irish) are coming too.
We're flying into Shiraz and then over the course of a week making our way up to Tehran for the wedding.

The main question is really are hotels likely to be a problem?
The plan is to book two rooms, one for myself and my mother, one for himself and my father, and then simply switch.
The alternative is to try to book the two room apartments that some of the hotels have. Are they going to let us?

Hello bandri

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope that somebody out there can give you best advice.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hi..welcome to iran..yes you can do that in hotel

Thanks Sonia, puts my mind at rest!

Now to try to find some clothes to wear.

lol...cloths..just wear sth longer than a shirt..or a long jacket ....sth to cover ur buttock..and jeans and scarf for ur hair ...

look at this.....may be helpful     http://www.zibakade.com/Topics/ا& … 8;-TP1872/

Hi, as you are coming with your family there's nothing to afraid of Iran is not that bad that sounds ;)  I don't think being in the same room will be a big deal for you as you planned you can use 2 room or one suit , you can rent full furnished apartment here too it will be so much cheaper and I think its the best choice for you, depending on your wedding party you can chose which part of the city you wanna rent your own apartment. You can find them anywhere in the city and your bf's family can check the place for you, any question feel free to ask.
I'm sure your bf told you anything about Hijab but army the party you can find out what is really going on here between ordinary people
Finally I hope happy journey for you full of interesting ...

Hi dear,
Don't worry and welcome to Iran.
About your first question I should say you can do that. Iran is safe and there is no problem in Hotels.
Don't forget that visit Esfahan.
Have fun in Iran