US bule seeking opportunity in Indonesia

Hello.

I am a late-30s white American, with strong Japanese conversational skills (14yr there), an MBA, a TEFL certificate, and 14yr experience in banking ops (product data & projects).

Now I want to move to Indonesia on a longer-term basis.  Bahasa Indonesia is still elementary, but I have driving experience in Bali.

Any advice on visa &/or work options?

Thank you.

You will need a company (or school) to employ you in order to get a work permit from the Manpower.

There is no other visa which legally allows you to work.

Basically it is very difficult for foreigners getting work permits because one need to have special skills what locals do not have.

Still there are options but for the sponsoring company it is quite costly and lots of document requirements.

Also one need to bear in mind that the whole process takes quite long

Try the Japanese school in Bintaro.

JL.Titihan Raya,Bintaro Jaya Sektor 9, Parigi-Pondok Aren, Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15227, Indonesia
+62 21 7454130

Visas are a huge issue for teachers at the most as in none are being issued for many that I know. If you try international schools check the contracts carefully and ensure you understand what it states and does not state. If you choose the mills like EF or IlP then again check for visas and guarantees.
There are lots of changes regarding English teaching in schools and lots of already nervous people here so do lots of research before you commit

Many thanks for all the feedback, everyone.