Ubud Housesit inquiry

Hello - I will be in Bali (Ubud is my preference) for a 6 week experience while my partner is studying in Lombok from Jan 2015. I have much experience housesitting in Australia (great references), and wondered if anyone had a housesit available for a period of time while I am there. I am happy to look after pets too. I love housesitting - its a great way to be at home, in a home, especially when travelling... and I know how important it is to look after people's possessions and keep them informed of any kind of issue that can arise. I am a designer and hope to spend my time being inspired by Bali's beauty and culture. Please think of me if you hear of anyone needing someone like me. All the best julia

Hi Julia,

The normal routine in Ubud is to charge temporary rent for "house sitters" and the cheapest rate I've known of is $30.00 a day, going up to several hundreds.

Westerners that have homes in the Ubud area also have full time staff, so, there never is any real need to have some one house sitting.

Enjoy your six weeks in Ubud!

And there goes the OP's problem in Bali.
The place is so popular, a house sitter must pay to find work.

:lol:   House sitting in Ubud, Bali is work?   :/

I've known a few expats to do a temporary house swap now and then, but that's it.

Hehe.....I like this one  ;)

I'd quite like to house sit in Lombok - about 6 months would do.

I'd be amazed if people in Bali were willing to pay someone to stay in their house.

:par: you are not the only one I guess

"I'd be amazed if people in Bali were willing to pay someone to stay in their house."

Or even willing to pay for Schapelle Corby's old cell in Kerobokan.

Ubudian wrote:

"I'd be amazed if people in Bali were willing to pay someone to stay in their house."

Or even willing to pay for Schapelle Corby's old cell in Kerobokan.

I have no time for drugs and drug dealers.  That's one house sit I'll never go for, at least not for drugs.

Mengerti Fred.  My comment was tongue in cheek.   ;)

Cheers!

@ Hulia > I think that what you meant by house sitting here is that you want a watchman job.  ;) There is a category in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/indo … chman.html where you may put your job request.

Hope it helps

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear Hulia,

We don't know someone searching for house sit in Ubud but we do know someone renting a room very affordable with AirBnB in Ubud, we have been there for 2 days, it's an ukrainian guy very kind and respecful.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)