British man with family in pakistan

Hi , I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a query i have:

I have been offered a job in saudi, jeddah. My wife and child are pakistani residents and I myself am british. How do i go about calling them over to saudi once i get my iqama? what things am i expected to carry out in Britain before i Leave?

thank you

Mohammad,

There are two options you could work on:

a) Under the current Home Office Nationality regulations, you qualify for a dual nationality, the easiest option is for you get your work visa stamped on your Pakistani passport and your wife and children will be issued a family visa later without any problems.

b) In case you have filed your wife's application for UK Residence as an accompanied spouse ( which after 4/5 years automatically qualify her for UK passport) , The Saudi High Commission in London should work out a method that your wife and kids join you in Saudi Arabia, but this option is workable only if you wife and family are already living with you in the UK.

thank you for you response and insight, unfortunately the first option is highly unlikely due to the limited time i have to travel to pakistan, apply for the pakistani passport and return to the UK in time for visa processing. The second option is not available to me as you have quite correctly stated my wife needs to be living with me, in the UK.

Mohammad Assalamo alakum,

This will confuse you, please concentrate on the next message.

Saudi work visa formalities take months in the UK so I suggest you do have some time to work out different options .Wish you good luck.

Mohammad,

I understand you have not started the process of your wife's settlement in the UK.

The best  and simplest option for you will be to proceed to Saudi on your  British passport, once you have the Iqama, the Saudi ministry will apply for your wife and kids visa and your wife will join you from Pakistan with out any problems. All she needs is her National ID card, passport, Marriage certificate and birth certificate of the kids.

It is very common in Saudi Arabia that the husband and  wife have different nationalities (and in many cases the kids , who get the nationality of the country where they were born eg USA). The Saudi visa system caters for this.