Hi all,
We are considering a moving to Siem Reap for about 12 months. Background is in mental health and youth at risk. Lots of qualifications but not sure if that would matter. We are also very handy with tools etc and previuosly both involed in hospitality. We have previously been there before and arrive on the 6th of August for about a week. We would like to spend some time looking at how we can become involved in the community.
My son has a serious Chinese partner in his business in  Australia  and would be interested in setting up something in the way of a social enterprise and or a sustainable business that could employ locals if we could identify gaps and or needs to start something up.
I guess we would like to have a small income after a time but not critical in the early stages.
We look forward to chatting or meeting you while we are there.
Kind regards,
Barb and Chris

Many society-center NGOs and other groups here working to improve life in the villages and schools. Definitely room for what you have in mind. You are welcome to contact me when you arrive for a discussion over coffee. Theres a small group dinner out on the 13th if you are still in Siem Reap,  Bob 017530971

Hi Bob,
Look forward to catching up. Will call you when we are there.
Not sure about the 13th but would like to meet for coffee when it suits you.
Cheers

Hi Barb & Chris
I am sure Siem Reap will appreciate what you have to offer.
A good point of contact in Siem Reap would be Doug South from Green Star restaurant.
He is expat married to Khmer lady and runs a not for profit restaurant for the young disadvantaged.
Good luck...

Thanks so much. We will definitely look up Doug.
Regards

Hi Cjsmith123,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Siem Reap forum for more visibility.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello
My name is Bob Landen and although I  have done volunteer work in Siem Reap Province over the last four years (clean water project and English teacher training), I have only  lived in Siem Reap for six months. Through the - meetup.com organization I set up occasional dinners out. Our next is on Wednesday Aug 13 at Haven. I hope you can join us at 7:30 and/or at any future get-together.  Best regards, Bob Bob

Thank you. Finding this a bit confusing.
Who would be the best person to contact when we land? It may be that I am working from and iPad  :)
Thanks in advance

Hi Chris and Barb
just read your posting  ;   happy to be of service to you both; look forward to your return on 5 December

Michael  Kean
Solina