Rental in holland

Hi there
I'm flying out to holland today for five days to find somewhere to live ahead of a move to Rotterdam next month.
I have noticed some properties are listed as available 'only for girls'.
Can someone advise me if this is legal in Holland?
Under EU law I was of the impression that it would class as discrimination against men... women can be just as untidy, if not worse, than men, and it seems to really limit the options available.

I would certainly be arguing my case for a really nice apartment but if it is legal for agencies/landlords to do this, it is probably better that I know this first.

Thank you very much
Patrick O'Kane

Hi, Patrick!

It's still me! :D
If I'm bothering you, don't be afraid to tell it! ;)

By the way, "Only for girls" is a discriminating sentence, but I don't think they want to discriminate men. It is the wrong way to say they prefer women for safety reason. Maybe, adverters are women and they feel safer by having other women with them.
I'm not saying that all men are sex maniacs or rapists and I would never say it because it isn't true. And I'm sure you aren't any of those bad things.
But, as you will know, women need more securities than men and for a woman finding accomodation is more difficult just for this reason. That's why many adverters give priority to women.
If I can give you an advice, put your advert in the housing section and make clear that you are a good and honest person who doesn't want to have problems. Explain that you just want to live your life.

Good luck,
Licia

Its not about my ad though. Its on rental agency sites for girls only. Ah well. Thanks for all the tips