Which area to move to?

Hi, we are thinking of moving to a Bulgaria but do not know the country. We love the countryside as have dogs and the sea and want to be within 20 mins of a good sized town with all amenities. Any ideas ?

Hello CherryChris.  We are pleased that you are considering Bulgaria but there is no substitute for visiting and trying to take in as much of the country as you can before narrowing down your search area. We are a retired couple with two large dogs and live in the village of Ravnets which is 14 km from the Black Sea town of Burgas. Since we have a fairly big garden (2500 sqm plot) the dogs have lots of room to run around and shopping at major outlets such as Lidl, Carrefour, Billa, Metro is only about a 15-20 minute drive. Burgas has some really good beaches and the entire coast upwards to Pomorie, Nessebar and Sunny Beach offers excellent beaches.  Climate wise the area has much milder winter weather than the interior or western parts of the country and the summers are usually long and hot! There may be other areas that provide similar life styles, possibly in  the vicinity of Varna but cannot provide you with any input on that.

If you want further information let us know and we can make a plan.   

Best Regards

Hi, thanks for the info. We are hopefully planning a trip next May time. What is the countryside like where you are and what is Burgas like?  Thanks.

Hi Vetkoek I liked the info you posted to Cherrychris regarding the region near Borgas where you live                                                                                                                                                 . 

I am also interested in the east/south east side of BG and have already done a short visit and looked around the Yambol area.  Can you advise me how much a 2 - 4 bed bungalow with small - medium size garden, structurally safe but with  renovation possibilities cost near your Borgas region.  I ask as this could be a suitable region for me to look at as well.                         

Cherrychris, wish you all the very best and hope you find your new home in BG

Look at constantinovo, Burgas
it's about 10mn from Burgas and 40mn from the airport
it's a village with no gypsies and no problem what so ever, I when to talk to people there and the mayor to find out if it's a good village to move to from my friends but they didn't find the house they want
Look at Marinka, Burgas, its a very nice village
these villages are in the countryside and in the same time not far from the city
Good luck
Sihemt

Hi Sihemt.  Thanks for the suggestions - will definitely put those places on the list to check out.  The location is central to most things so that's a bonus.  So it's just finding the potential bungalow

Hello cherrychris ,
All over BG it's beautifull . I am living in the north of BG near the Donau river and 8 km away from the little town Lom . Many UK and EU citizen are living in this region . If you want I can send you a lot of pictures from this region . The town of Lom is under full renovation since about 2 years and you find here exactely the same than any town in UK .
                                                        Welcome to Bulgaria ,
                                                         Axinia
[email protected]

Many thanks, are these villages far from the sea?

Many thanks Axinia, we like the look of the south because we want the better weather. How are tour winters?

Hello Cherry Chris ,
For the weather in BG go to Sinoptik BG . It's also in Inglish . The summers are better in the north but the winters are colder over here with sometimes a lot of snow ! On the coast side Russian and Ukraine citizen are buying and investing a lot . EU and UK citizen like more the other places .
                                                       Axinia