Close

Living in Rosarito Beach, Baja Ca, Mex

I have a friend living in Rosarito that could help with some input.  Retired  author (and authority on austism). You can email him at ***.   Many many rentals are not listed on line.  And there are many at lower prices.  Jack can probably give you some good input. Good luck.  I prefer Playas my self.

Thank you!

Tell Jack I referred you to him.  Thanks.  Anne

Does anyone commute every day to San Diego for work ?. How's the idea?

kinda scaring me lol.

Many many people do.  You need  a sentri pass and be willing to leave very early am   5 or 5:30 to be at work at 8.  Cross in in 1 -2 hours but need leeway.  No sentri pass?  prepare for 3 hours in line before crossing.  Sentri passes are not hard to get.  Still lots of people do this every day to escape high cost of living in San Diego.   Another thought  YOU  take the trolley from the border .  Line to cross of course and 1 hour trolley ride to downtown San DIego.  Ultimate SD destination a factor.  Some expats have a older but dependable  car on each side of the border for commuter ease.    If you are  living in Tijuana proper, Otay Mesa has shorter wait times.  If you don't need the beach,   Otay Mesa has some nice residential areas and cheaper than he beach areas.  The commute is a drag but one does save money over living costs in San Diego.

Rosarito leads the state in murders per capita

ROSARITO, Baja California - Rosarito is the most violent Baja California municipality, placing first in the number of murders in 2016, with a rate of 56.02 per 100,000 inhabitants. This was revealed in study by Data4, with information from the National Public Safety System and the National Population Council.

The publication "Animal Politico" used this data to report the Top 50 municipalities for homicides in Mexico. Playas de Rosarito was in 13th place in all Mexico, and above Tijuana and Tecate, with 44.45 and 43.96, respectively.

The list is headed by the municipality of Tecomán, in Colima, with 116.80, second is Acapulco, with 115.57, and third is Manzanillo, with 103.87.

The statistical data is for the period from January to August, 2016, and it highlights a national median of 15 per 100,000 inhabitants, and Rosarito is triple that.

Tijuana is 15th on the list and Tecate is 16th. The municipalities of Ensenada and Mexicali are not on the Top 50 list.

Hotel entrepreneur and former mayor of Rosarito, Hugo Torres, expressed his concern for the high impact crimes which have occurred with greater frequency in the city, and this could stop investments if the governments do nothing about it.

"The situation here is different, I don't want to get into details, because they are already known or imagined," he said as he warned of the need for a change in direction and to correct what is wrong, because of corrections are made, who knows how the criminal groups will react, depending upon their comfort levels.

But the lack of action by the state and municipal governments directly impacts the residents of colonias, such as Misión del Mar, which has been involved in sectors organized by the municipal government so their voices can be heard, but the results have been the same.

Alexander Magnum, a resident in that area, said the crime brings desolation and that in Rosarito the problem is huge, and even worse in recent meeting with Governor Francisco Vega to deal with the crime issue in his colonia, they were startled to hear him say he was unaware of the problem.

He said everything from the government is just babbling, as they say they will help, but in reality do nothing as with the few police and patrols there are, they are not watching and not fixing anything.

He said robberies occur daily in his colonia, where a large number of foreigners live and who cannot find the door to have their demands heard.

frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Policiaca/04102016/1136114-Encabeza-asesinatos-Rosarito-en-BC-por-habitante.html

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the info. I'm planning to move out there by myself. I am 21 years & fell in love with the beaches and the low cost of living. Everyone think I'm crazy ! Cause of the idea

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico

Moving to Mexico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mexico

Travel insurance in Mexico

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Mexico

Flights to Mexico

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mexico