Marriage with a Brazilian Woman Either in Germany or Brazil

Sir

My name is Sohail & I am a Muslim. I am from Pakistan. I have a Christian girl friend belongs to Brazil. She has a son and separated from her ex-husband. I want to marry her. I have 2 choices for leaving in Germany for study. She is also interested to study in Germany. We want to marry with each other. I am finding it difficult that what will be better for both of us either to marry in Brazil or Germany. We want to study in Germany and settle there. In other case we want to leave for Brazil permanently. So please guide me what will be best for both of us. She is a Christian and want to convert in Islam before marriage also. & what will be best for both of us to spend our lives together up to the end of our breath.

Thank You!

Hello Sohail,

Well, I trust that when you say "separated" you actually mean divorced, since she cannot legally marry otherwise and you would not qualify for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on marriage.

If she is divorced and plans on studying in Germany anyway it will be much easier for the two of you to get married there, register the marriage with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Germany and apply for your VIPER at the same Consulado once it is registered.

The reason that I say this is because it is much more difficult for citizens of Pakistan or India to obtain a VITUR Tourist Visa than it is for citizens of any other countries. Ususally on their first visa application they are not granted a 5 year visa which allows a 90 day (extendable) visit. If you can't get one that allows 90 days you will probably then not have enough time to go through the marriage process in Brazil. It is a long and bureaucratic process for foreigners to get married in Brazil.

Since I do not know anything about the marriage process in Germany, you should post a topic to the Germany Forum asking...  "How do two foreign nationals get married in Germany", I'm sure somebody there can give you the details.

Please read the following topic for information about registration of a marriage abroad:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=376293

and the last half of my first posting to this topic for the list of documents that you would then need for the VIPER Permanent Visa application:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280525

Sir

I am thankful to you. I really appreciated for your quick response and kind guidance. This is a good help to me. I shall follow your documents and advices you shared with me.

Thank You!
So nice of you.