Visiting Loja area, Zaruma, Machala Feb 01 2015

Hi everyone, trying to find some good people to provide ANY information on theses areas for near future relocation. Main objective is to serve the community via the  local evangelical church or social service programs. Hope that a 'little bit early' penalized Social Security allows for safe, modest living.  We will be in Loja Feb 01, 2015 and will Bus  travel to Cuenca, Zaruma, Machala. Please share your heart. Email [email protected]
Blessings,  Joe n Raquel  :)

I don't know about Cuenca except is has a faster lifestyle compared to Machala and Loja. In those smaller towns, the community is as they say knitted together and through faith. The majority are very religious. Especially in Loja and their adoration to the Virgen de Cisne. Finding charitable work would be feasible and much appreciated in these locations. Although not exactly familiar with the Zaruma region of Loja, I can say there are a variety of things to do there including shopping at boutiques, going to bars or pubs, or visiting the plentiful parks. And its all walking distance. Its more relaxed and reserved there compared to coastal and hotter climate Machala. Machala is known for its starting point o education. People often go to study elsewhere after. Being coastal you could go to the beach and such. Vegetation is much cheaper than in the US but the prices of meat products are roughly the same and if not a bit more expensive. Housing is much cheaper as well.

Hi Ms Alli, thanks so much for your reply it means Mucho to me. I was born and raised in NYC 100 yrs ago ha ha but have a strong desire to check on the Loja and surrounding areas. We  will be there, Lord willing, Saturday Jan 31 2015 for 9 days. I hope to visit Malacatos, Vilcabamba, Zaruma, and Cuenca also. Your veryyoung so go ahead and search your dream!!! My story is a bit different but my wife and i just want to continue in ministry helping people via the christian church. That's it!! Saved to Serve!! Weather is an important factor so very cold or very hot will nit work for me. I think low of 55f (while i'm sleeping) and high of 80f is my cup of tea. We are now iving in Fla. I probably have to wait up to 4 yrs to get an early Soc Sec check to live on sine working in Ecuador my be a little difficult. We are of Puerto Rican descent. Si  hablo Espanol pero mas el Ingles. Any info regarding theses areas of Ecuador would be very much appreciated and you pick your favorite restaurant when we are all there. ja ja. I am ex Lw Enforcement and my wife is in Prperty Mgmt. Our pic is in FB under  Joe N Raquel Gomez.  Ok stay in touch. My email is  [email protected]

Hi Joe-Born and raised in Conn. My sister lived in the city for 5 years. What part are you from?

He was very famous, one of the Sharks.

Hiya, i'm in south fla now for many years..born in Manhattan..hate the cold n snow..now i hate anything over 85f...getting older and a 'little' grumpy.....are you in Ecuador ir thinking about it?? Are you in Loja or surrounding area?? Are you  investigating like i am?  If not Ecuador, Panama is the safest bet!!! Thats it!!!   Joe

What if i was one if the Jets wuth a sun tan.....ha

mugtech wrote:

He was very famous, one of the Sharks.

that's how much I know. Just a little more egg on my face, no problemo lol