My car is damaged on Road by Iron Rod

I was travelling from Dammam to Riyadh, on the highway before 100km to Riyadh one iron rod was on the main track and it hit my car pumper. It is damaged now. I park my car on the road and called the police 3 times but nobody answer. After that I came to Riyadh. Now what is the procedure to repair the car? My car is leased by Abdul lateef jameel and is has full insurance.

Please guide.

Today I visited the 996 office near the sasco petrol station and I explained them that I tried to call but nobody answer so they gave me one paper (Taqreer) and asked me to go to Maroor office in Khurais. It is almost 150km. I went there and they gave me one paper to repair my car.
Now I will take that paper to Abdullateef Jameel to repair my car....

So whats the general procedure if one gets into an accident?

Hello A.K.,

I feel you will have to go through a little bit of hassle but get the car repaired without much of a problem. These rules are in place for our own protection to catch the 'hit and run' drivers and to discourage drivers to disappear after an accident without compensating the other parties involved and notifying the law enforcing authorities.

If you are still carrying that piece of the metal rod that caused the damage to your car, you may take it to a garage and they may decide to repair your car under "minor damage and scratches" exemption. Please remember with out the Maroor report you will not be able to claim the insurance.

Hi thanks for the guidance..

I got the maroor paper and they mentioned in arabic on report that one tire was on the middle of the road and my car was damaged from that tire.

Is this statement is enough for inssurance? The offices are closed and they will open on coming sunday.

please keep us updated about your story.

Hello A K,

Good. As I said earlier, this Maroor paper is a routine formality without which the garage will not do the repair job, please ensure that you talk to the insurance company first and take the car to an 'Approved Garage'. The insurance company will try to persuade  you to settle the repair bill your self and claim the money later, but you must not agree to this since it may take ages. The best thing would be to make the garage talk to the insurance company and let them settle the issue without you involving your cash!

Thanks for the guidance.. But i think in my case the car is on lease and Abdul lateef jameel will attend the case. is it true? I have one small paper from maroor and they mentioned that "repair the car within 15 days"..

kom340 wrote:

please keep us updated about your story.

Sure..

A_K,

I do not know if you have studied a thread " Procedure after accident " which covers most of the information you have been seeking. Thanks

riazcdki wrote:

A_K,

I do not know if you have studied a thread " Procedure after accident " which covers most of the information you have been seeking. Thanks

Dear, I have gone through that thread...

I visited Abdul Lateef Jameel (Toyota Jubail office) last sunday and they took pictures of the car and estimated the cost. It is 3500 SAR. They ask me to pay minimum inssurance claim amount so i paid 700 SAR.

Now i am waiting for their call to go to toyota workshop for the car repair. They said it will take 2 weeks to process the inssurance approval and claim.

riazcdki wrote:

Hello A K,

Good. As I said earlier, this Maroor paper is a routine formality without which the garage will not do the repair job, please ensure that you talk to the insurance company first and take the car to an 'Approved Garage'. The insurance company will try to persuade  you to settle the repair bill your self and claim the money later, but you must not agree to this since it may take ages. The best thing would be to make the garage talk to the insurance company and let them settle the issue without you involving your cash!

Dear,

They did not ask me for quotation and go to approved garage. I just submitted that maroor report to toyota company inssurance administrator. He estimated the cost and ask me to come after 2 weeks to repair the car.

The inssurance claim has been approved and my car is in workshop now. It will take 12 working days to repair.

A_K. wrote:

The inssurance claim has been approved and my car is in workshop now. It will take 12 working days to repair.

Whew! 12 days is too long...and 700 sar is too expensive for a "participation" fees...these dealers sucks!  :sosad:

Popolocroix wrote:
A_K. wrote:

Whew! 12 days is too long...and 700 sar is too expensive for a "participation" fees...these dealers sucks!  :sosad:

You are right the inssurance claim fees is very high and 12 days is too long.... But this is their way to run their business :(