About fiancee visa in Norway

Hi tam24, when did you apply ?  I really hope you get a positive answer.

Hi Tatta2015, I applied Sept 2014...thanks!

hei how are all of you

we called UDI today a funny thing that is pissing my husband off is the response we got from a case worker, when we asked for the status of our application this time they said 12 months.

It is quite inconsistent last time it was 9 then 10 then 14 and now 12, so he asked what are the odds that the number of waiting months they give to us would somehow be a guarantee of the release date and the response was

"Well couldn't really say coz we release the result based on the date you applied" this is the very standard answer they give.

so my husband asked if they have record of where or at what stage our application is since UDI received our application last year JULY 1 and the response was remotely similar

" we can't say exactly since we take per case based on statistics"

And as always  :/  my husband would just end the inquiry as the conversation was definitely going nowhere. So that was my update with my application, I guess more waiting. I am just glad that we are together  :par:  while waiting so the stress is less because I applied from tourist to family reuni here in norway.

How about you guys who also applied the during the same time as me april-july 2015 applicants how has are your applications going? :cool:

Oh my God, is frustrating to hear those answer but we only can wait and wait.   
I have applied July-2014, but It seems to me I've waited thousands years.

my correction to my post haha applicants of April-July 2014 haha

exactly so if they would follow that 12 months that they say we will receive our result in July hahaha this quite a test of our patience :D

Hei all,

I am reading all of what you said, and I want to thank you all for sharing your stories.

I am in the USA and beginning to research the visa process to be with my boyfriend.  We have discussed getting engaged soon, and I just wonder - are all of you that say you've been waiting for 10/12/14 months...are you currently IN Norway waiting with your significant others, or are you waiting in your country of origin?  If you are in separate countries waiting, are you able to still visit one another while your application is being processed?

Another question (sorry, I'm new to this!) - If you're waiting together in Norway, are you able to leave the country at all, say to visit family, or are you legally not allowed to leave?

Mange takk for any help provided!!

Hi Everyone
I've applied the fiance permit in this April and my boyfriend called UDI today to check the current status...they stated that they've got over 15000 applications on hand and would be giving priorities to those refugee, student visas....so let's see how long shall I wait for my permit.

Hello everyone i just want to know something because my boyfriend was came from belgium and we are planning to apply a fiance visa...is he need to change his citizenship into norwegian so that we can apply a fiance visa or is it possible that we can apply even if he dont need to change his citizenship...i hope anyone can give me good advice what we gonna do then...thanks...

methyl wrote:

Hello everyone i just want to know something because my boyfriend was came from belgium and we are planning to apply a fiance visa...is he need to change his citizenship into norwegian so that we can apply a fiance visa or is it possible that we can apply even if he dont need to change his citizenship...i hope anyone can give me good advice what we gonna do then...thanks...

someone who is a citizen of an EEA country can be a reference person too. I recommend you try this website for more tailored, specific information:

http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/

Hi i just want to say thank you for giving me this link it helps me a lot....and have a nice day...god bless us....

anyone here have idea on Filipina coming to Norway as tourist visa and apply family reunification here but they got married in Phils? pls help.. thank you..

hi clupe212, i worked for 2 yrs here in Norway and 2 months before my visa expires, me and my fiance decided to get engaged.. when we delivered all the documents, the police get the copy of my diploma and school records

they say that I can stay in Norway while waiting but I cant get out of the country (dont leave Norway)..now im on my 8th month of waiting and havent still get answer..

The last time on UDI site for fiance visa was 9 mos of waiting soI hope they got my case next month..

I think, your fiance must talk to police or call UDI for more info...

Thank you so much hag.lad! I hope so much that your visa is approved soon.

Hi everyone i just wanna ask something regarding the fiancee visa...i just want to know  to whom who been applying a fiancee visa yet please give some good information...i just wanna know if did you ask a stamp for the norwegian embassy in the Philippines when you are applying for the fiance visa here?or it okay that its only the red ribbon came from dfa..please give me more information regarding this thanks

hi, it should be stamp in Norwegian embassy both the birth certificate and cenomar.

Hi thank you...but did you do the same about the stamp?where you been applying for the fiance in the Philippines or you are already here in norway the time you apply a fiance visa...cause i know somebody that they said that they dont need a stamp for the norwegian embassy in manila...im just curious to know more about this...thanks

I was applying in Manila February 2014, they need for stamp for norwegian embassy. You may call the embassy to be sure might the change rules.

hi all  !  a question if you can answer ...  I applied in October for the fiance permit in Udi ( Norway ) but from my home country ... got monthly updates ... and after 8 months they sent me an email that they have forwarded my application to the police for residence permit ..

in some cases they can call for an interview..  and it might take some time ..

Is is a positive progress towards my case ? as I and my fiance are waiting to be with each other impatiently.

and if they ask for an interview where they can call me ? the embassy in my home country ?  they will be locals or Norwegians ?

regards

Hi everyone,

I have been granted a residence card today! Almost 9 months  of waiting.

Hope you guys will get yours soon...Be patient and stay positive!

tam24 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been granted a residence card today! Almost 9 months  of waiting.

Hope you guys will get yours soon...Be patient and stay positive!

Congratulations! 9months so you applied in October2014? Theres hope! Thank you for sharing... :)

Hi i just wanna ask if did you ask a stamp of the norwegian embassy in manila? The time you apply for a fiance visa here in norway?i just wanna know thanks..and congratulations you got your residence card...

A lot of  Congratulation!! 
Im very happy for you :):top:

Congratulation, wow this is so good.

Hi abimk  ! congrats :)

I applied on 31st Oct so  its less than 8 month and they emailed me  that my application has been forwarded to police  and i might get a call or my fiance get a call if interview is needed ..

so is it a positive sign ?  as the time period they mention seems long but may be there are good chances to be called for an interview soon   or no interview at all ?   dont know
hope to hear from you

Yes they put a stamp in my docs @methyl

Thanks everyone!

Approved today :) I applied while in Norway too last July 1,2014 best of luck to all of the applicants may you all be approved soon too.

Hi Stephy,  congratulations! :)

Thanks @addis :)

Hi @Tam24,

Did you apply in Norway?

Gratulerer @stephy25!!!

Hi Stephy25, congratulation  nice to hear good news.

Hi @abimk,

I applied here in the Philippines.

Thank you @addis1 @tatta2015 @methyl @abimk...just keep on praying!

thank you tam and tata :) i hope everyone gets their results soon too

I think the Norway government is trying very hard to reduce immigration into Norway that are not "skilled worker".  This in returns means they purposely take a MUCH LONGER time to process your application if you are not applying for "skilled worker permit".  Skilled worker permit generally only takes 2 weeks to process and approve.  That is how ridiculous it is.

But im here in norway now maybe i dont need to ask a stamp for the norwegian embassy in manila because im already here in norway working as an au pair..andnum here for almost 2years....hope you can help to find what is the best thing to do....thanks...cause im really confusing about the stamp because i have a lot of friends who get engage and they said they never askna stamp..thats the reason why i keep on asking regarding this...sorry to ask about this.. hope you can help me.. best regards methyl

methyl wrote:

But im here in norway now maybe i dont need to ask a stamp for the norwegian embassy in manila because im already here in norway working as an au pair..andnum here for almost 2years....hope you can help to find what is the best thing to do....thanks...cause im really confusing about the stamp because i have a lot of friends who get engage and they said they never askna stamp..thats the reason why i keep on asking regarding this...sorry to ask about this.. hope you can help me.. best regards methyl

If you are already in Norway, why don't you just call UDI and ask?

hi  all ! A question ...  its our 8th month ...  and we got an email from police abt the interview and udi mentioned that police will call me  or my fiance for the interview ...   my fiance got the call within 2 weeks...    thst quicker than we thought ..  just wondering if I will be called in for an interview ? as we both are in different countries at the moment ..
He is in Norway and I am in my home country Pakistan .. 

thanks

Hi everyone!

Is PDOS really required? Im asking this because My friend didnt take PDOS before she left for Sweden. She is a wife of a Norwegian.

hi,
I have taken the guidance counselling seminar, I think that is PDOS from Commission on Flipino Overseas (CFO) and given a certifcate afterwards.  I believe that necessary the immigration might ask that.

Hi sol thank you for your response. I'm scheduled for the seminar tomorrow and yes that's the CFO. I was just wondering why some fiances/spouses are allowed by immigration to leave without the certificate or exit clearance.

Thanks again...

hi tam,

it's usually a random check, i remember when i had my seminar there was an attendee that was offloaded because he didn't have the cfo cert/sticker and it was a surprise for him firstly he has been living in london for 6 years and second is this isn't his first time he visited the philippines after he has been there.

So like sol mentioned it's better to have it because we don't know what the immigration officers are really thinking, quite inconsistent and unfair that they don't make a fixed rule or standard whether it will be checked or not  :)