Worried about Edex

Hello All,

I'm hearing rumours that EdEx may not have their contract with KSU anymore. These are just things I have heard from friends currently in KSA, and it's making me a little worried. The reason being, because I really want to be in Riyadh.I know they also have a contract with PNU, but I'm not sure if they accept applicants a second time round.

So, my questions is: has anyone else heard this rumour, or am I worrying over nothing??

I know the contract says that I can be sent anywhere in the Kingdom, but I don't think I could adjust to the smaller towns.

Thanks for your help!

Sarasaberry

P.S: Sorry if this has been posed, did an EdEx search, but couldn't find it.

Hi sarasaberry,

sadly, I heard the same news from a good source. I did ask Edex but I am getting no answer. I really don't know what to do as I have no job to go to for the next academic year. I was in Riyadh and came back to the UK after my contract expired. I thought I had this job secured with Edex but it doesn't look like it is going to happen, well at least not with KSU. Please keep me posted if you hear anything. I am based in London. Where are you based in the UK?

We've had a terrible experience with Edex, they gave us the run around for nearly 6 months. Please be aware of them. Not worth the hassle.

What kind of runaround?

To name but a few-  sent for medicals on two seperate occasions when it could have been completed in one go just to prolong the process (we lived quite a distance away so it was taking days off work, arranging Childcare- which they were well aware off) phone calls left unanswered, messages taken with promises of a response, promises to chase up questions- nothing, no responses to emails.
It's a shambles with no one in the London office having any clue to what's going on.
Really unprofessional organisation which i hope no one ever has to deal with.

Dave's ESL Café has several pages on EdEx and their contract with KSU. It seems they lost the contract per Dave's ESL but they still have contracts for other cities like Qassim and  Taif. I have worked in Qassim and the compound is very nice.  :)

RowdyRoo wrote:

Dave's ESL Café has several pages on EdEx and their contract with KSU. It seems they lost the contract per Dave's ESL but they still have contracts for other cities like Qassim and  Taif. I have worked in Qassim and the compound is very nice.  :)

But do EdEx put their teachers up in the compound in Qassim

Edex recruitsfor taif? Which Uni there?

Taif isn't a big place there's probably only one Uni there

From what I have read on Daves they do. I would post that question on Daves ESL to verify.

I would post my question on Dave's ESL and have someone that works for them answer your questions. I answered based on what I read.

i cant get dave to approve an account for me!!

Hi,

I got an offer from Edex but the lack of information frightened me quite a little. I would advise that you be patient and apply for other jobs. I got many offers through this website: www.seriousteacher.com
The demand for female teachers is so high, you will be successful InshaAllah.

Forget EdEx. Try ICEAT instead

Who do they recruit for? What are the packages like?

King Saud Uni, Riyadh. Minimum 12000 SR a month

Do you recruit for them

No. I'm an ESL teacher

Edex has lost its contract at KSU for the mens department.
This contract has been taken up by Al Hussan Education and Training.

Their contracts for females at both PNU and KSU are still very much intact.

I'm currently employed by EDEX at PNU.
The new school semester begins now and edex is hiring as normal for all other contracts.

Thanks mudarisa.. You can clear up some of this stuff about EdEX ... Is this your first year there and what r your impressions so far

Thank you guys for your posts.
I had a contract with Edex and now I am out of job. Can you please help me find a post in Riyadh as ESL teacher?
Thanks again

Go to Dave's cafe

Thanks, I've done that but I am getting nowhere. Anything else?

Humble man

I sent u a PM with a job in Riyadh. King Saud Uni. That's perfect for u. U should apply

If it is the message you sent me with a link, thanks, I did apply but got no answer yet. I am really desperate now without a job. Edex let me down badly. Please help

we've been helping, to the best of our ability. keep visiting dave's cafe, seriousteachers, bayt, teachsaudi

They will reply. U just have to be paitent. Maybe they're still processing your details.

If you don't hear anything by Tuesday. Send a follow up email

Thanks! I know you've been helping and I do appreciate it. I am just frustrated that I am getting nothing, that's all. Sorry if I have been a bit pushy! Apologies

this is my second year. what i will say is, all agencies have their shortcomings. everything in Saudi is slow and frustrating at times. you'll have to be patient and accept that things work differently here.

Hi,

If you have been offered a contract with EdEx forget it.

Majority of EdEx Teachers are not returning after the Hajj break this is because they haven't been paid for 2 or more months.

I did forget it and found myself a better position in a better place, Al Hamdulillah.
Edex for me are the worst but it's not the simple agent who contacts you, it's the big shots the managers/owners.
Edex is history for many people

MohOmar wrote:

Hi,

If you have been offered a contract with EdEx forget it.

Majority of EdEx Teachers are not returning after the Hajj break this is because they haven't been paid for 2 or more months.

Not being paid is a huge problem at PNU. Forget PNU contracting companies. PNU does it too. PNU told its own English ESL teachers "Don't expect to get your first salary until October 19, but don't worry you'll get all your money." No one knew until Hajj break started! Like there isn't enough other stuff to deal with.

Several teachers don't plan to come back b/c they haven't been paid and 4 teachers resigned because of work stress.  I know at least 6 won't be coming back next year for sure.  We tried to tell them how we feel, but were told, suck it up, the new management is here to stay.

Did you manage to get your deposit back? And were you recruited through LoveTEFL and also paid 295each for their tefl course as well?

I can confirm that EdEx lost the humanities contract in KSU, which meant a majority of teachers either losing their jobs or relocating to other locations (mostly Dammam). They also lost the contract with IPA institutes across KSA. In my opinion the fall of EdEx began with the departure of Bill Frawley, one of the figure heads of EdEx.

They've begin recruiting teachers through another company (which is in essence still EdEx) which is known as EduGuide and TLTP (an agency recruiting for EduGuide). The CEO of this company is Mr Zah'rani, a kind, understanding and gentle man. Things might start looking up if he takes charge.