How to get job in canada

Hi All,
I need to work in canada, i have 10 years experience in hvac field, what are the procedures to get job in canada? How i can get job. Anybody sponser me,

Hi athick and welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to have a look at the Living in Canada guide for some starting information.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Getting a job over in Canada especially from overseas is turning out to be harder and harder. The government of Canada has been introducing measures to curb employers from hiring foreigners. They claim that the employers have been doing so at the expense of local Canadians and PRs. However, that may not be the case and depends on the field and expertise. Most of the time this scenario where Canadian employers hiring foreigners at the expense of local are those in the F&B industry.

For HVAC perhaps you stand a better chance looking at places in the west, especially Alberta. However I really don't know how you can find a job without having the permit or being a PR. My experience - I was here on the ground and was a PhD researcher. My employer decided to convert my permit for me. Inshort I had the advantage of being here in person. That helps a lot. Other options are applying for PR directly and when you get it look for the job in here http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng (note: only when you get your PR). But if you decide to go that route, just so you know, it is not for the faint-hearted.

Hope this helps abit. All the best!...