Culinary related jobs in Kuala Lumpur

Hello, I am a future expat looking for a culinary related job in Kuala Lumpur. I currently work as a cook in the U.S. and I am looking for any job that will further my career as a chef. Jobs don't have to directly involve cooking but anything that will increase my knowledge of the culinary scene in KL, such as culture, agriculture, and food business. I have a bachelor's degree in history and have been cooking for the past 4 years if that helps. Thanks!

-Greg

As there a tens of thousands of restaurants and food-related outlets in Malaysia, your plan should be possible. However, the only real way of succeeding is through networking. Therefore suggest you pick a few companies that interest you and put forward a convincing proposition of coming to work for them. There will be a few hurdles such as minimum salary and work permit, but if you impress someone by your approach and what you have to offer, I guess it just might come off. Having done something similar myself, I know the unexpected can happen. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Thanks for the input Gravitas! I will keep looking.

-Greg