Health insurance

Hi all,

Can anyone help me in finding a local representative for BUPA in Bucharest? I really need to make some sense of the romanian health system and i would need a local assistance company...
Many thanks!

As of now, they dont have an office or any kind of network provider that accepts Bupa here in Romania. I had similar issues using my exisiting Bupa card and then I had to take it from a german provider.

Its still a nightmare getting the amounts re-imbursed.

Good luck .

Someone recommended me a representative, I will meet them today!!

I will let you know if it is for real...

What german provider did you take it from in the end? Just in case it doesn't work out.

Thank you!

Hey,

Today I met with a counselor from a company called MediHelp International, located in Bucharest. They are both a broker for BUPA and they offer the assistance for them in Bucharest...

In theory it sounded very good...well encouraging at least..it seems they do have some contracts with some clinics in Bucharest where BUPA is thus accepted..

I have an appointment on Friday to such a clinic. We will see!

I'll keep you posted!
Thanks,
Lolia

Thanks for the update Lolia. Thats great news indeed - guess things have changed since I tired with Bupa a year ago.

Cheers.

I can supply health insurance here in Romania, please drop me a line or call (0729166916)

Dean

Hi Dean...thank you..I have BUPA though! i just need help with USING it...do you offer assistance for BUPA policies?

Hey,

As i was saying i had an appointment to a clinic on Friday...

I did...everything went ok..my BUPA card was accepted (though I did see them calling MediHelp- the assistance company to confirm it - which seemed a little crazy but it made sense when I was told they only accept their members because it is the only way to make sure the claim will be followed through!!)

The doctor spoke little English though and no Spanish:) but i generally understood what was the problem..

What I want to command is this assistance company MediHelp, they really helped me out!

Anyway, stay healthy,
Lolia

Thanks Lolia,

I ve already contacted them for a new med cover. I ve not renewed my BUPA since it last expired a yr ago.

Thanks a ton. You stay healthy too.

Hello there,

Is BUPA the only company this Medihelp International offers assistance for in Bucharest? I have the same issues but I am covered by another company.

Thanks