Best way to ship a small package from Jeddah to USA

I wanted to ship a couple of soccer jerseys to my son in Chicago. What is the best way to ship a package that is about one pound in weight.

Looking for advice.
Thanks.
JD

Why not send by post?  You can send EMS (priority) and it's relatively safe.

Other options are UPS, DHL or FedEx at a premium price.

If you know of someone associated with the US military, you might get them to send it from their APO address.

Thanks for the reply.

So when you say "send it by post" can I just take it to a Saudi Post location (there is one close to my office on Tahlia St.) and they can ship it for me?

What is EMS Priority?

Pardon my ignorance.

Thanks

EMS is Express Mail Service, an international network of national postal authorities who work with each other to ship international parcels effectively.

Saudi Post would be the least expensive and most effective way to send something in my opinion. FedEx and DHL charge pretty exorbitant prices. Also, SaudiPost seems to get througgh customs with less difficulty in my opinion..if you get tracking, the tracking number will link up with the USPS tracking system within about two days. A few soccer jerseys sent EMS to the USA may cost around 150 SAR I think...I seem to remember a similarly sized package i sent a few months back costing about that...

Took about one week...made it without difficulty...just go to the SaudiPost office around the corner and find the guy who speaks English, they won't steer you wrong...Insh'Allah

TE

Thanks, WTENGEL, this is very helpful. I will follow your instructions.

JD

Hello this is FedexDolores we would be glad to assist you with your shipping needs. (moderated: no ads please) I hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice weekend!