Why do you love Egypt!

Hello everybody,

I have a serious question which makes me wondering why people like all the expats in Egypt who are from USA, Germany, UK,  Russia.... etc
People like those why they left their countries and came to stay in Egypt? What is so special about Egypt?  What is the thing you see about it that we cannot see!
And after you came did you regret doing that!  Just may be the reality is different from what you imagined!

Peace all

You're probably the 12345 person who's asking the same question  :whistle:

:D;)

MADMIDO wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have a serious question which makes me wondering why people like all the expats in Egypt who are from USA, Germany, UK,  Russia.... etc
People like those why they left their countries and came to stay in Egypt? What is so special about Egypt?  What is the thing you see about it that we cannot see!
And after you came did you regret doing that!  Just may be the reality is different from what you imagined!

Peace all

As a foreigner, Egypt gives  you a promising places to go to and meet also different cultures and ethnicity. Is just that, you have to be extremely sharp and smart enough to deal with the people. ( I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. Especially those  foreigners who have stayed here a bit longer.)

But anyway, I don't  have regrets spending time here in Egypt because for me the negative side of Egypt is somehow  makes YOU to understand life more. There is this, certain maturity that you have acquired from the daily struggles here in Egypt.

Thanks!

Thank you Emzike for your positive share

This was made to avoid the negative feedback most expats here have.

Your welcome...

I moved to Egypt for a number of reasons at a particularly difficult time in my life.
1. Financial - it is a LOT cheaper to survive in Egypt compared to Western countries.
2. Weather - a day each year of rain was definitely a plus in my opinion.
3. Living by the sea - nowhere in Europe could I live with a sea view at affordable cost.  Such a beautiful sea as well.

After living there for a few years, the other benefits I found were :
1. Freedom - a lot more freedom than I found in the UK.  No "Big Brother" interfering with your life every day.
2. Society - the Egyptian society is very inclusive.  Living in El Dahar, everyone seems to watch out for each other.
3. Weather - it's just gorgeous!
4. Pace of life - there are a lot of frustrations in Egypt but not really any stress.  "bukra insha'allah" is a mantra (equivalent to the spanish "Manyana")

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of negatives to life in Egypt but, for me, the benefits outweigh them.

Well I have been here for almost 15 years. (Loooooooooooooooong time I know :D) I came to study and learn all I could about myself, Arabic, culture, religion, and prove to myself and others that Arabic just like any other language or skill can be mastered with enough practice and dedication. I now speak Arabic fluently just like the natives here.
I'm attracted to Egypt because it is a country -although you may not see it-that is full of opportunities and wonder. This is nothing new for Egypt it has always been like this since the beginning of time.
ex.
Prophet Joseph (Yusuf) came to Egypt as a slave and became a king.
Qutuz was also a slave who became one of Egypt's best rulers.
Even outside of history in the Arab world an Arab singer will never reach any real success until they come through Egypt
I love the freedom -something else you probably do not notice- that is here.
I learned how to depend on my skills and make the choice of becoming someone.
People here are genuine-excluding most taxi drivers and some people who only want benefits-
I agree with everyone on what they said and Egypt is not flawless but you have to open your eyes to see the good and learn to appreciate it then the bad kinda disappears.

Big brother is right! A friend moved to Hurghada with her husband to escape big brother, high taxes, GMOs, chemtrails, and FEMA in the US. Actually there are many people around Cairo, Alexandria, Hurghada leaving for the same reasons and I am in the process to come from Canada which has the same problems as the US. And I will look up El Dahar. Thanks!

You forgot Canada! How could you forget Canada? Actually I didn't get to Egypt yet, but I am coming, I want to escape the western world and the rat race. I think the American/Canadian dream has died.

life is very weird, Egyptions wants to live outside of Egypt, and Western people want to live in egypt, we all escape of something, western escaping from big brother, egyption escaping from poverty and the whole live system, in general i think egypt is very good place to lie in if you are rich and have a lot of money to enjoy staying here, but if you are not as most of Egypt's people, you won't love it

Good points, anywhere you go there are pros and cons. But I believe soon in the US/Canada there will be no more pros or cons.

thank you so much rohana for your respond :)

Bebo bari wrote:

life is very weird, Egyptions wants to live outside of Egypt, and Western people want to live in egypt, we all escape of something, western escaping from big brother, egyption escaping from poverty and the whole live system, in general i think egypt is very good place to lie in if you are rich and have a lot of money to enjoy staying here, but if you are not as most of Egypt's people, you won't love it

It is not about being rich, I know I am not rich. I have had my difficult years here where I almost had no place to live but I think no matter where you live it is down to how you think about life. And the more you understand your purpose in life the better you can live your life. Most foreigners come here and they find a purpose. They find that they can do something they love and they pour their heart into it and people here support hard working people especially foreigners because Egyptians think that they will not cheat them or lie.
But the same fact is true for Egyptians only most Egpytians do not take the time to reflect and do what they want because of:
1. People who interfered in their lives and made them make choices they did not want ex: Collage, Job, Hobby etc.
2. Worrying about what people think where it is really irrelevant.
3. People who are too afraid of change and do not seek it.
4. People who think they deserve the best just by graduating.
5. Some people have a lot of envy and hate so they just want to abuse someone who happened to be a little more fortunate than he/she is/was.
My advice to all is to follow your dream and do what makes you happy and a happy life will follow. Do not live the life someone else pictured but live the life you pictured and all the difficulties you will go through will not matter because you will be satisfied with what life has given you so far.

thank you so much thecrazypoet, you are very positive, and motivated, God bless you :D