Moving to guangzhou in 3 weeks...

Hello all,

I was wondering whether anyone could give me some general advice as to what I should bring with me from London when I move to Guangzhou. I've heard that buying things like shoes, certain toiletries and decent insect repellent can be problematic but is there anything else?

Any general advice about the move would be appreciated. Is there anything that you all wish someone had told you before moving to Guangzhou?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

do bring all your clothes including underwear with you as they are both expensive and not of good quality from most shops including online shopping.  yes, bring as many pairs of shoe as you could, as you won't get the same quality and price as you can in london, all imported items are super expensive here.  toiletries and insect repellent not a major issue.  also, bring your regularly used shampoo, medicines and cosmetics (if you are female) with you as they may not be easily available.

Hi friend,
Welcome to Guangzhou first.

I'm a native here. Don't worry about the stuff for living. You know there are so many foreigners living in GZ, of curse they don't need to bring a lot. I know some guys they even have used to Chinese food after couple years.

Clothes, shoes and other thing also cheap and with good quality. But the original foreigner brand is really expensive. That is true.

Kevin

the weather is here very hot and its its summer time. sometimes raining you can bring normal summer clothes ist enough for u. welcome to gz :)

Thank you so much for all your replies. I was planning to take mostly summer clothes and a couple of warmer items for the winter months. How much cooler is it in the winter? When does the humidity begin to drop?