Expat Blog meet-up this Saturday!

Hello everyone!

We have decided to take the bull by the horns and plan an Expat.com meetup for this Saturday, 26 July.

To keep things organised and civilised  ;)  I will be the contact person for the girls, and Ahmad: https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … 〈=en will be the contact person for the boys. So if you are a woman, contact me. If you are a man, contact Ahmad. Any questions, message us. I am on Whatsapp and would be happy to share my number if you contact me.

We are thinking to go to a place that serves food, maybe have dinner to start with, and if you just want to come for drinks you can come a bit later. Venue is to be determined, Ahmed will be posting with suggestions.

Time: Around 7pm

Location: Taksim, Asmalı Mescit (the street with all the bars at the Sishane end of Istiklal Caddesi).

Mission: Have fun, let your hair down, share ideas and experiences about the city / Turkey in general.

Please note this gathering is for EXPATS. If you are not an expat, sorry!

Hopefully everyone can make it. If you have suggestions as to place/time please post and let us know!

*** How about meeting at "Fatburger" just next to Şişane metro station
      im sure all had enouh with Turkish food ;)
*** Men kindly contact me and i will share with u all details
*** After food we can choose any good bar or cafe just around the place as there will have better chance to decide

Please note this gathering is for EXPATS. If you are not an expat, sorry!

LET'S DO IT :)

I'll be there. And I agree with Ahmad's idea of non-local cuisine....

Hey guys who is gonna attend this meeting ??

Only 3 of us?

hello there!
Hope everybody is doing great.
I think I'm IN for this too. =)
namaste.

the number of ppl wıll be gıven on 25th

Hey Jerax, as the coordinators we will be keeping track, so hopefully we'll have a number by Friday, as Ahmad said.

I have also posted the event on Meetup.com, so there will be some additional people. Already 5 people there have RSVP'd.

Hi everybody,

This topic is now a sticky one !

Thanks

Priscilla

Thanks Priscilla :)

I will be giving exact details on 25th morning and im really glad to see the Expats team supporting us .

have a nice day

Hello there
If you still interested in participating in our Saturday meeting call me on my number or even send a msg by whats app ( 05535060733) this is for male expats and for females they can contact:  https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … 〈=en
take care

Quick update guys, we have 9 people so far from Meetup that are to be joining us, possibly. I would politely ask that if you are definitely (or definitely interested) in coming, message Ahmad or myself by tomorrow latest so that we can keep track of numbers and make sure we get a correct size venue. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Dear brother,

I am willing to attend the program.
Please add my name.

bye
Baulraj

Hi all ...
I would like to clarify more things related to tonight meeting:

- Its mainly about having good fun with people WHO share a similar experience of yours and IT'S NOT A SIMINAR ABOUT FINDING A JOB, although with the talks that we may share it can help you with general details.

- For the people WHO are asking me about being fasting .. this is your personal decision and just be aware that the meeting will start at 7 at shake shack restaurant  then after that we will be spending the rest of the evening in a any good bar near by . so im sorry in advance for any inconvenience but this date was the only suirtable .

- hopefully this will become a monthly meeting so if u miss this one still more to come

- location for meeting;
Shake Shack  restaurant
Şahkulu Mah.
İstiklal Cad. No: 509
Tünel, Beyoğlu

- call me for any help regarding reaching the place or in case u reached late ; 05535060733

regards,
Ahamd

If you run late and miss Shake Shack we will be heading somewhere else in the area (particular bar to be determined) for drinks. But you will have to get in contact to find out exactly where we are.

Address: İstiklal Cad. No: 509, Tünel, Beyoğlu

Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/35SCZ

Right at the Sishane end of Istiklal, in fact one of the metro entrances comes out right next to Shake Shack.

Had some miscommunication.

If anyone wants to tell me where to go after the meal, my # is ************* . I'm on whatsapp if you can't text.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

hellooo
hope you had good time yesterday
for me it was really fun and good experience .. thanks for all the guys
fana , lara , Daniel . William , kevin , nabila , ikram , Melek , Lisa , max , and all the rest ;\ :)
hope to do it again next month
and i wanna say sorrry again for any miss planning or delay but finally it was great night thanks to u
and im waiting for the pictures

Hey,
   Hope everything is well with you
  Couldn't make it. i was very sick. May be next time.
Thanks

Wow - expats only? Whats the point if you are not planning to assasinate turkish president.Thank you guys.

Hello Emirst and welcome to the forum.

This website is called Expat.com. It is a forum for people who are living abroad.The definition of expat - which is short for expatriate, is 'a person living outside their native country.' In the Turkey forum, it is for people who are not from Turkey and are expats.

We have had very uncomfortable situations in the past both here on the forum (where it is encouraged for people to report so they can be deleted from the site if they break the site's guidelines) and in person, where local men have basically misused the site as a way to have contact with foreign (or any) women.

None of us are interested in that, so we make that clear. As the creators of the event we want everyone to feel comfortable and safe.

Im a member of this forum for a year or maybe more, i know how things work here. But thank you for your answer, so you are telling me, the idea of banning whole non-expat members from meetings sounds fine to you because of "some" pervert local men misused the site. If you are going to limit and divide members like that, you could simply block turkish members whenever they register, but if you are somehow allowing them in here, this is not nice. As a turkish member who posts jobs offers for expats and trying to be helpful and friendly, im offended already.

edit: did not see your edit, its even more racist now. i cant believe: "As the creators of the event we want everyone to feel comfortable and safe."

Should i ever consider about that if you are doing something turks should not see or hear? It is the exact behaviour of yours by generalizing all turkish men. Are you serious?

Why do you guys meet in Taksim?  Not trying to be critical just wondering, anytime I go over to Taksim, its full of high school drop outs who can't walk straight after 1 beer, or gypsies or bunch of men who will hit on anything.  STEP YO GAME UP MAN!!   Try Kadikoy it's a lot more relaxed.  Just a suggestion, I just find Taksim to be extremely ghetto, I mean hell man, it is practically located right next to the biggest ghetto in Istanbul, Tarlabasi.

Emrelicious wrote:

Why do you guys meet in Taksim?  Not trying to be critical just wondering, anytime I go over to Taksim, its full of high school drop outs who can't walk straight after 1 beer, or gypsies or bunch of men who will hit on anything.  STEP YO GAME UP MAN!!   Try Kadikoy it's a lot more relaxed.  Just a suggestion, I just find Taksim to be extremely ghetto, I mean hell man, it is practically located right next to the biggest ghetto in Istanbul, Tarlabasi.

because taksim is a good place to blend in maybe? -sarcasm or not-

Hi m-jenk and ahmad,

Are you planning a meeting for this bayram (August 2015)?

If anyone in your group is interested in having Turkish lessons - beginner up to Orta III, I could organise that for you...we can meet in any part of Istanbul: Acibadem, Kadıköy (mornings), Beşiktaş,Taksim (afternoons) or Pendik, Kartal (at weekends).

Please post which would be your preference.

Thanks in advance and İyi dersler!

Hi John,

You are completely off topic here. Also, this thread is outdated.
You might want to post your services in the the CLASSIFIED section. Please read the Code of Conduct for the website,

Thank you.
Z

Sorry. I didn't realise that there was a specific topic...
I was just trying to find out if there would be a meet up this weekend...and where?

Nopes John. This is about an old meetup, but if there is a new one, we would upload it on the forum.

Stay connected!
Z