Marrying in taiwan (please help)

Advice needed for marying in taiwan, a southafrican man to a taiwanese lady. Any one who knows how long the process takes as my fiance and i want to come to taiwan to marry there and then come back to southafrica. But i only have 30 days leave and i am unsure of what is needed in terms of documentation and can we marry with me just holding a visitor visa?

Any advice Much apprecaited.

Richard

Hi Richard..I was married in Taiwan ( still am ) to a Taiwanese citizen..Apparently 30 days is ample time.
Wife says you have to be in the country 3 days then apply for a marriage licence at city hall.She says it is no big deal.
In my case I returned to the USA & it took a year for her to get a pernament entry visa to the States..Don't know the lw in S.A.
Let me know..Ron

Richard..Forgot, I had a visitor visa too..You'll probably need a birth certificate..Ask her to check these things out.

Thankyou kindly, i am going to prepare a whole lot of information, thankyou i didnt think of the birth certificate will get that as well. :)

Your help is much Appreciated sir , i will let you know how it goes, she is in sa with me at the moment so we are thinking of going over to taiwan in december. Depends if the boss will grant me leave hehe.

regards
Richard

Hmmm, wouldn't it be easier to get married there?

I will add, if you were married before you will need the documents stating that you are divorced.