Is it safe to travel alone?

I have got super good deal on PAL to Cebu. Am planning to go to Bantayan islands - it's gorgeous. Anyone knows if it is safe for a lady to travel alone? I will be flying out from Manila.

ask some to accompany you..much better

my dear with my experince with filipines i dnt know where are u from but if you are asian face i think it is ok but if u look defrent here is the brblem.
regards

I'm a 44 male who grow up as a bit of a troubled juvy here in the states. Now I travel around Asia on business.  Airports, hotels and resorts - no problem. But travel around the countryside alone - not a chance. Here's why.

The first time I visited PH I was met at the airport by a woman who my company had hired as a cultural expert for our meetings. A block from the airport she lunged across the taxi and locked my door. Before I could even respond how rude that was someone tried to open the door and started pounding on the window.  Street children.  Like a pack of wolves they'd have stolen everything I had on me she said.  This former delinquent never saw them coming.  As an American with an expensive watch, I'm an easy target.  She later saved my luggage from getting stolen by a taxi driver. She was tough as nails and I was clueless the next two days.  I was so impressed I married here a year later! haha. 

You might ask the same question of Chicago or Miami. There are parts of those cities you're as safe as home.  Then there are the bad parts of town.  If you know your way around and have street smarts you'll be fine.  But if you aren't able to pick up on the subtle cues of the local culture and recognize danger a block away then you should never travel alone.

PH is beautiful and the people are wonderful hosts (most of them at least). Just be careful or you'll end up married like I did! 

Enjoy.