Looking for a job in Singapore

Hello,

I'll be coming in Singapore, first week of Feb 2015 for a one week short vacation, though I can extend it in a month if I can find a cheap accommodation with friendly community, and easy access to transportation. Currently, working as Virtual Assistant, doing bunch of work from data entry, link building, web administration and blog installation.

Before going further, I'm Gregg from Philippines, graduate in information technology, fun of reading fiction novels such ASOIAF, Ranger's Apprentice, Brortherband, Iron Druids, Percy Jackson  and Hero of Olympus and also current events like misunderstanding in Gaza and Ukraine. Not a talker but a good listener.. :)

I'm hoping to find any kind of job in Singapore, from a gasoline boy to a network and system assistant. I can send my resume if needed and hope harmony guide me there.

Also, looking forward in meeting new friends regardless of race and status.

Regards

Gregg

I hope you are aware of the requirements for working in Singapore, which have become more and more difficult in recent years. Basically, you need to have skills and experience that are rare but in demand in Singapore. If there are similarly skilled locals, they have to be preferentially hired (by law).
If you are sure you qualify for a work pass, you should contact suitable companies in your industry directly. Going through recruitment consultants does rarely help (and the more unscrupulous would even charge you a fee, although this is illegal in Singapore).
Having arranged a visit, and mentioning that in your applications, increases your chances for an interview!

Fully aware of the situation there in Singapore and how hard to find a job, just trying my luck though. Read various blog post related to it before coming here.

Grateful for the tips and your time...