Accommodation Needed

Hey guys,

I am a new member of this forum and so far I founded really helpful. Recently I got a job offer from Hamburg and I need to look for accommodation.  Since I have never been there I don;t know much about the city, just the online info. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with a few ideas, or anything else.

Thanks,
   Hunor

To find a good place to stay, you need time to visit many places before you commit.
Therefore it is best to arrange temporary accommodation (hotel, B&B, hostel or short-term apartment) for at least a month and then do your search after arrival.
Since no German landlord will agree to rent a place to you without having seen you (and you should not commit without having viewed the place), it makes no sense to start the search before you arrive.
Good luck!

Hi Beppi ,
Thanks for the advice , this is what I had in my mind. My plan would be to find a short term accommodation, preferably an apartment and then to look for another one for longer term. My office is located in Notkestrasse , close to Mercure Hotel , and would be interested to find a place near by , with the transportation to it no more than 30-45 mins far. As I looked on the map could be somewhere: Altona, Ottensen , Neustadt , Altstadt,  Eimsbuttel, St. Pauli or whatever.

Note: I've never been in Hamburg, I found these neighbourhoods on the map.