Any Canadians out there?

Hi all,

My family and I are coming over for a 6 month trial. My husband is doing some work in the area and we want to see if we like it or not.
Looking for a paly groups, places to visit that are good for kids, shopping, and of course a place to live, some what close to the airport if possible?
Our daughter is 2.5 yrs old.
Coming from Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Hello Mom2cc, welcome to Expat.com and the forum of Mauritius :D
You could check out the Network of Canadian expatriates, members of the Mauritus forum.
I invite you also to consult the Guide for life in Mauritius which contains a lot of useful info as well as to browse the latest topics on the forum.
Hope this helps for a starter! :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi ,
My husband and I are from Canada too, we are from Toronto , my daughter is 2 and half years old, we will be in Mauritius
in two months, good luck to both of us!

Wow Maggie!! What brings you to the island? Maybe send me a private message and we can chat! We are still trying to arrange health care, what to do with our house here in Calgary, flights, where to live on the island (so much to choose from) ect....
Any advise would be great! Tell me what you know and will share back. How long do you plan to stay??
We have to get together for a play date at the beach, we plan on going mid Aug, looking to stay around 6 months as a trial, then we will see.
My husband grew up in ON, we have family in Brooklyn, Toronto, Kitchener. I know it well!!
:)
T

Hi Maggie and Mom2cc!

I am a canadian originally from Vancouver staying in the south of the island and I have a 14 month old.  It would be great to meet when you come.  Also, we have a mother-baby group which meets, sometimes in blue bay, curepipe, or quatre bornes.

Best wishes,
Maple