Surfing in Nigeria (need a surfboard)

Hey all,

Im just recently arrived in Lagos, Nigeria and Im a Australian.  I left my surfboard at home because i had too much baggage. I want to go for a surf (probably Tarqua bay or shipwrecks) but i need a board.  I was wondering if there was anyone here who surfed and could lend me a  board, or where i could buy one etc. 

It would be really cool to meet up with other surfers here. 

Cheers

Ned.

Hi Ned,

There's an Italian that comes to Lekki Beach to surf every weekend. I really never got to speak with him but i have seen him a couple of times. Try and see if you can catch him by say afternoon.

Wish you luck.

hey chukzii, thanks for the message.  I haven't been to Lekki beach yet but i will definitely check it out and look for this crazy italian.  Cheers for the info.
ned.

ned, lemme know if you find a place to get a stick. ill join ya for a session

Sure thing Jimmy, it looks like im almost there.  Thinking maybe next weekend or the one after that.  Send me a personal message and we'll exchange phone numbers.  Itd be good to have a buddy to style down the line with. 

Cheers. 
ned

Hi Ned :

Same here. I dont know how to surf but happy to eager to learn it.
Any one know where you can paraglide ? I saw some mountains near the capital I wanna try out duriong some long weekend.

Chris

Hello Chris, you already have a thread concerning Paragliding on the Abuja forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=204633

[Sorry for the off topic]

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey guys I have a board and try get salty Saturday mornings and Sundays with Lekki, Tarqua or Oniru DM me if you keen to join

Hi JoeZabbs,

Please note that this thread is quite old and you may not have any reply from the members.

However, please note that you already posted another discussion about Surfing buddies required on the Nigeria forum.

I am sure you will get some replies there very soon.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

bump

http://www.zigzag.co.za/multimedia/sequ … arkwa-bay/

Thought you might like to see JM surviving the Tarkwa bilge pipe

Copy and paste the above web address in to your browser

Hi, crazy Italians name is john, he is a legend, tarqua bay, we head out on Sundays, there is a local god power, he mig loan you a board