English teacher on the move!

Hi there!
I would like to move to Colombia to teach English, l'm a CELTA qualified and experienced teacher :) can anyone give me some info? Is it easy to find a job as anEnglish teacher over there ? I'm thinking about Bucaramanga but l'm open to suggestions! Thank you!

My suggestion is teach at a school (colegio), preferably a well established school....hours are better...8-3:30, Monday through Friday, normal teaching hours, the pay is WAY better, and it is infinitely more interesting and enjoyable. Many (most) English institutes in Colombia will give you shitty pay, work you morning, day and night at different hours throughout the day, and you will have to travel to all parts of the city to meet your clients, whom half will never even show up. On top of this, most institutes will either rip you off when you recieve your paycheck, be weeks late in paying you, or just flat out not pay you. I work at an IB school here in Bogota, with excellent conditions, great staff and very good pay teaching 5th and 6th grade....work in an English speaking or bilingual school...highly recomended. Bucaramanga is nice but Bogota offers a ton more opportunities. As far as your Celta is concerned, I believe what matters most is how you come across in the interview. DO NOT except any Craigslist bullshit....arrive, give yourself two weeks, and see what happens. I have been teaching here for six years, so hit me up if you need any more advice.

Hi there,
I live in Bucaramanga .

To give you some advice, the easiest way is to get here and go around the academies.

Why Bucaramanga?

i always see Lots of jobs in Bogota.

Hi! I actually I'm looking for the same thing but I'm not native english speaker. The institutions are always looking for Native English speakers so go ahead!!! Living in Colombia is really easy