House prices in Warrington

I'm moving back to the UK and looking at being close to Manchester. I'm trying to get an idea of house prices and how they differ to see which area would be best. I've found some places in Warrington on the Bridgfords site and I was wondering if anyone knows if its cheaper than Manchester? Also are there good areas in Warrington to live?

Hello rexpatrex

I can't comment on Warrington, but I can recommend the area around the Pennines: smaller villages like Bury, Bolton and Rochdale. I'm just outside Rochdale and have excellent access to rail, bus and motorway networks. I am 20 miles from Manchester centre.......just 25minutes on th train. If you want more information about Lancashire, pm me.

regards, Chuckle Butty

Thanks cb I'll have a look at Rochdale

Look to the nice areas........ Littleborough, Smithybridge, Hollingworth lake are all very pretty. Look up post code "Ol15". Bamford has a reputation of 'old money ' and some of the older houses are in fact mansions. Expensive area and some really nice new builds. Whitworth is nice too, old mill town area. However.........there are areas that you NEED to avoid...........keep in touch.

Happy hunting CB

Hey ! I don't know much about the areas, but you can try Rightmove as well for houses/flats... ?
I know that Deansgate in Manchester is great if you like to go out and stuff... :)

Best is to go to couple of agencies thn u will get idea on renting
But u can also fine ppl renting privately tht is known to b cheaper thn through agencies