Weather in Monitoba province

Thanks Allen and Philip for your inputs.  Again could you please clarify if  one needs to get sponsorship.  My family and I like to live at Monitoba province but every one complaints about the weather.   It's really bad weather?   Here in SA if weather is too cold is when is -8 only in the morning but during the day is +-17.

Hi bjnemo,

welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Winnipeg forum for more visibility and interaction.

All the best,
Christine

Yes, over there the cold can be biting cold like -30 or -40 at times. But there's not much precipitation as in the East. So black may not necessarily be as common there. Black ice is dangerous when walking on the side streets as you may slip and fall. Where I am staying in the east coast, Nova Scotia, the snow are wet and high precipitation so when it melts and then solidifies, there'll be black ice on top of the street - very dangerous for walking and driving. But over there in the central and west side, you don't have much of that. On the plus side for the east coast, cold isn't as biting cold as over in the central.