Your opinion on Ras al Kaimah

Hi everybody :)
I'd like to know if anybody here on the forum has an experience of living in Ras al Kaimah and could extend it to us.
How is it like living, shopping there?
How is social life there? are any meet up being organized?
Are there any international schools?
What about hospitals and doctors?
Does anybody know Al Hamra compound?
Thanks for your information
Cheers
Arlette

Arlette, maybe you can post this topic on Ras Al Kaimah forum: http://community.justlanded.com/en/Unit … al-Khaimah

Hi Arlette,
I lived in RAK for a year before moving to Sharjah. We had an office there and I used to visit there every month for audit. The time I visited there was in July 2009. Rents in RAK is cheaper than other Emirates and the laws are more strict. There are bars in hotels. The salary scale is lower than other parts of the Emirates. Expats are mostly Indian, Pakistanis and Filipinos. Among European expats they have a group called Hash Harriers and they meet often. I had been for one of thier meets many years ago. It was fun.
Like Saudi, all shops would close for prayers 4 times a day, I am not sure if that still goes on.

Cheers!!!
Terece

Hi Terence,
How are you? Moving I read?
Thanks for the info! In fact, hubbie is shifting his premises to RAK; thus he travels every day for 3 hrs go/return to Dubai; this is why we envisage to move there too and why I'm looking for info. We found a very nice 3-br townhouse for 80.000 Dhs and were in the next-door shopping mall during prayer. All shops remained open! (good news for us!)
I'll check on the Hash Harriers asap.
Expat community seems to be growing there! So I hope social activities will too as we don't want Christina to feel secluded there!
Cheers
Arlette

Arlette, I think that you will be fine in RAK, but we'll miss you and Christina here in DxB.

Hey Mila, I'm not gone yet... still a couple of months to go; haven't had the approval of the company yet cause the rental contract in Dubai goes till November I believe!
Let's wait and see...
Oh and btw thanks for the link forwarded; I'll check on it asap!
Have a nice week end.

Hi Arlette,

Yes I am moving to QB as it was too far for my daughter to travel to college. I am sure you will be fine in case you need any help or info you can go to my SNTTA branch office in Nakheel, RAK and give my refernce, the staff there will help you or your hubby out. I will be going to India next month. In case I transit Dubai, I'll call you.
I am sure you and Christine are missing all the fun you had in Mauritius.

Cheers!!!
Terence

FeeAcer wrote:

Hi Terence,
How are you? Moving I read?
Thanks for the info! In fact, hubbie is shifting his premises to RAK; thus he travels every day for 3 hrs go/return to Dubai; this is why we envisage to move there too and why I'm looking for info. We found a very nice 3-br townhouse for 80.000 Dhs and were in the next-door shopping mall during prayer. All shops remained open! (good news for us!)
I'll check on the Hash Harriers asap.
Expat community seems to be growing there! So I hope social activities will too as we don't want Christina to feel secluded there!
Cheers
Arlette