Close

Temporary Resdidencia - first steps!

Hey guys!

I just have a question about the residency rules for the DR. Do you have to be a certain age to qualify for a retirement residency card, or just have the $2000 a month?
Also, if I was to get the retirement residency card, can I still work later on if I want to?

Good questions. I don't think there is an age requirement but not positive.  It makes sense that a retirement residencia would indicate not working but likely who will know or care.

Hahaha. Thanks Planner!
You always know how to word things so....eloquently.  xD

Well thank you honey!

Anytime! I look forward to meeting you in person! haha

You bet!

Finally after a year and a half my Residencia and Cedula is ready. I am planning to come down in December for 2 weeks. I would like to stay in Sosua area but I am a little concerned about all the flooding and roads being knocked out. One of the possibilities I am considering is to take a all inclusive package at the Casa Marina Reef Resort. A 2 week package is less than 1500 Canadian. Planner and Bob, what are your thoughts on this plan.

Rains seem to be getting better!   Yayyyyy.  Still work to do on the roads but they have workarounds figured out. If you stay in Sosua you can get to Santo Domingo on the bus,  bus stops at one end of the bridge in Imbert, you walk across and get on the bus on teh other side of the bridge. 

Hopefully it is being fixed.

Casa Marina  is an okay Resort,  no better then  2 1/2 stars no matter what they say.  We will plan a get together while you are here!!!!   

All in favor..............

Yes to Planner
Why not rent a condo of villa in the area for he time you are here

Bob K

It is the cost for 2 weeks condo food etc. With an all inclusive I don't have to get involved with finding a condo buying food cooking etc.

This is true and CM is a good solid choice.  Not very fancy but nice, clean and very centrally located

Bob K

Soooooo hoooooo Stan let me know dates so we can plan a get together.

I am arriving on Dec 8th, staying at the CASA MARINA REEF RESORT. Perhaps Friday or Saturday would be a good day to meet-up. I have to be in Santo Domingo early as possible Monday. Do you know how often the bus leaves from Sosua to SD. My lawyer wants me to be there of 11AM.

Saturday the 9th it is.  Bob - suggest location please. I will start thread once it's set.

Bus. Your best schedule option will be Caribe bus. I will check online for earliest departure.

Great, looking forward to meeting you folks. :)

May I also suggest to anyone else interested in Meeting Saturday.

Once details worked out for Saturday December 10th, I will create a thread for it!

Saturday the 10th I will be at the Jolly Rodger thief's market (garage sale) from 10 to 2 or so. 
If we are going to meet or drinks and maybe a snack for me it will have to be after 2.  Good place would be the Jolly Rodger or el conde (across from Bon Ice Cream)

Bob K

We will make decision on date, time and location and post tomorrow......

Until then enjoy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it!

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Dominican Republic

Flights to the Dominican Republic

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Dominican Republic