Find a job in Portugal

Hi,

You are an expat living in Portugal? Please share your experience!

What is the best way to find a job in Portugal?

The Internet? Please tell us which are the most useful / effective websites for job seekers in Portugal.

Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?

Newspapers? Which ones?

organizations?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Finding work can be hard, but also as an employer it can be hard to find people who want to work.

We are offering a full time position for an English speaking person to work in our Tomar office, must have good computer skills, customer skills, and work to a very high standard. We are looking for someone serious about working full time in a busy environment.
Speaking Portuguese and other languages would be useful but not essential.
Please apply by post or by email to

Chavetejo Mediação Imobiliária Lda
Av Norton Matos, 34A
Tomar
2300-438
Portugal

or
[email protected]
00351 918 479 978

THIS JOB HAS NOW BEEN FILLED

Ola Derek ,
Hope all is well I would like to reply for your position but I think we are too far from Tomar but as an estate agent you might be able to help me.
If you know any people magazines or companies who have holiday homes near Oporto and want cooking , cleaning , maintenance picking up from airports etc maybe we can help them.
Ate logo.
Philip.

Hi Philip, sorry but cant really help you with contacts in Oporto:)

No Problem.
Thanks anyway.
Good luck in all.
Regards.
Philip.

Sorry, got links wrong

for employment try:

www.visto.com.pt

or

www.olx.pt

or

www.slando.pt

Hi guys,

I am looking for a job in Lisbon,in the area of nutrition/food science or /and food law..

Any help? Any idea who to contact? Where to speak to?

Thanks

Ola ,
If you type into Google "emprego" you get some good results to try.
Lots of work agencies about but you generally only get short term contracts.

Ola e obrigada !

I googled the "emprego" and it came up with loads of portuguese jobs, but not relevant to my section.
Do you know any particular ones in nutrition/food science/food law?
Do you by any chance know any recruitment agencies that they are both in english and portuguese?
I am now learning portuguese and it is not very easy to work with the language yet, so any english help would be great, to beging with!
I don't mind about short term contracts, as long as i find somebody/a company/whoever to get in touch with..

Ola,
I have the same problems.
It seems you need to know Portuguese before to find work.
I am electronics engineer I do not know your area of work sorry.
Employment is rising in the eurozone and many Portuguese speak lots of languages.
Good luck.

Ola,

Ta a trabalhar em portugal?
Tou a aprender portuguese poco a poco..tenho amigos em lisboa, muito bons amigos..e queria viver ai..nao e facil, mas vou tentar..

obrigada
Maria

Hi,

Any ideas on anybody looking for a talented construction project manager in Portugal?
The language will come quickly as all others I learned.

Thanks guys!

Hi, the Algarve Resident newspaper has a job of the week section on its website algarveresident.com/story.asp?SID=193

Another newspaper which may be of use is theportugalnews.com/

These may be of some use for those searching for employment.