Looking to make connections in Cuenca

Hello all. My wife and I have done a lot of thinking over this move but after two plus years, here we are, living in Ecuador. We are in Tena at the moment however we are planning to move to the Cuenca area in the near future. My wife (42 yo) is a former paraprofessional at a Charter Academy in Michigan and I (50 yo) am a retired Marine who is currently taking online classes for the next year to finish my Bachelors and Associates degrees (so I can graduate in May 2015). We have three adult children between us (24, 21, and 19).

I will be posting more throughout the forum as needs arise. Right now, looking to make connections in Cuenca to get to know and gain from the wisdom of those who have been around awhile.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. If they are too personal, I'll let you know. LOL

Tony and Becky Lamson

Hi Tony
I want to ask you regarding the education quality in your location , must my little kid know Spanish if she want to join a international school.( us or uk curriculum )...
2/ what is the best small business or project as per your experience can someone newbie start with instate of job.

Thx on advance

tlamson64 wrote:

Hello all. My wife and I have done a lot of thinking over this move but after two plus years, here we are, living in Ecuador. We are in Tena at the moment however we are planning to move to the Cuenca area in the near future. My wife (42 yo) is a former paraprofessional at a Charter Academy in Michigan and I (50 yo) am a retired Marine who is currently taking online classes for the next year to finish my Bachelors and Associates degrees (so I can graduate in May 2015). We have three adult children between us (24, 21, and 19).

I will be posting more throughout the forum as needs arise. Right now, looking to make connections in Cuenca to get to know and gain from the wisdom of those who have been around awhile.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. If they are too personal, I'll let you know. LOL

Tony and Becky Lamson

Hi Tony
I want to ask you regarding the education quality in your location , must my little kid know Spanish if she want to join a international school.( us or uk curriculum )...
2/ what is the best small business or project as per your experience can someone newbie start with instate of job.

Thx on advance

Hello all  :cheers:

@ tlamson64 : Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Cuenca Forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards

Kenjee

No problem. I guess my wording took it from "Hello, new kid in town" to where the post landed. Could say I am old and confused but that would be obvious. LOL Thanks for taking care of our posts!

Tony

Samer604

I just got here two weeks ago and am as in the dark on a lot of stuff as you probably are. Keep looking around the different forum sections and I am sure that you will find the answers you are looking for. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Tony