Motorcycling in Al Ain

Hi everyone,

Some kind folk have advised me not to ride in the UAE becaue of local hazards however I don't usually take no for an answer but try to find ways round the problem. I am, or was, a professional rider - Yamaha Thunderace 1000cc, GPZ 750cc you know the thing if that's what tickles your fancy.

Any how, are there any MC clubs in Al Ain ? is it all Harley's as I am lead to believe ? The Al Ain hospital where I will be working has, I am told, a decent trauma centre and Orthopaedic department so medical care should not be a problem if an accident happens.

Also I have been told, you can't buy a vehicle for the first 2 months - is that right ?

Due to leave the UK end of August.

Any advice would be very welcome.

John.

Hey Thunderace,

How are you? to be honest i dont know much about bikes, but i have seen all kind of bikes here in the UAE, havent seen in al-ain since i just moved here, but in dubai there is definatly all kind of bikes, that day a bunch of harleys came accross the road, so till now havent seen any Yamahas here in al ain but am sure there is, i'll try to ask for you...

it is a very quit city here, and as for two months thing of buying a vehicle i dont believe that would be accurate, see it would take you around two months to get the driver license, if you are looking to a buy a car for cash then no one would mention the months thingy, but if you are considering taking an auto loan from a bank or something then it would definatly need more than two month, most of the banks would ask for a salary transfer for a 6 months or so...

any way, good luck ... hope you would like it...

Regards,
Abbadi

Thanks, appreciate the advice,

John.